• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will ask you again. How can you have an AT ID( on your possession) if your not currently flying for AT. It is against FAA/TSA. You posted that you do have an AT ID.

I also think no matter what the out come, you will always hate SWA.

You got some bad info, buddy. Maybe you should worry about your own self. Have you stopped beating your wife yet? :laugh:

Last edited:
Saw a Jane Fonda sticker replaced with a Ty Webb sticker on my last trip. Was amazed how much use it was getting. It's funny how legends get started!

Let me dust myself off since I haven't looked at an FI thread in a very long time.....I will attempt to explain why SWA pilots are going to have to get a seniority boost in order to retain their career expectations with simple math.

If your airline has 10 pilots it would take only one more aircraft to make all current pilots captains. Obviously the higher the number of pilots, the more growth is required to make captain. Walmart ain't growing 100% a year anymore...simple economy of scale. Airtran is not bringing much in the way of retirements, so that will not make up the difference.

Bottom line is AAI pilots will have to pay seniority to come over to SWA. How much is what I will leave others on this board to quibble about.

That did not happen with the DL/NWA SLI. NWA had many more eligible Captains that were going to retire within the first 5-10 years after the merger, and they were not given any benefit by the arbitrators. Delta lost a huge chunk of Captains before their Bankruptcy, and NWA did not and kept their pensions. It was very lopsided. You very likely will not see it either. It's called precedent.

Yep, the precendent was that pilots with similar career expectations were merged along the lines of relative seniority. I'd gather your position is that AAI pilots and SWAPA pilots had the same career expectations back on Sep 27th, 2010. I hold my position that there are 5800 pilots who believe the SWA pilots career expectations were very different on that date and that a merger using relative seniority would reduce those career expectations while greatly improving the expectations of the AAI pilots.

If not, why are the AAI pilots in such a hurry to get the SLI complete and on the SWA contract and the SWA pilots only worry about the SLI outcome? Different expecations is my answer.

Last edited:
All I know is ALPA while looking out for thier own, has started to jack with GK now. I am going to sit back and watch GK and ALPA battle now. Grab the popcorn.

That did not happen with the DL/NWA SLI. NWA had many more eligible Captains that were going to retire within the first 5-10 years after the merger, and they were not given any benefit by the arbitrators. Delta lost a huge chunk of Captains before their Bankruptcy, and NWA did not and kept their pensions. It was very lopsided. You very likely will not see it either. It's called precedent.

Apparently you know nothing about the DL/NWA merger. First of all retirements WERE looked at by the arbitrators. Hence they unplugged some pilots out of order and repositioned them on the merged list. Second, comparing DL/NWA career expectations to AAI/LUV is a joke. You know it, I know it, and the AAI pilots sure as hell know it. Truthfully, they probably have only a slight clue how good it is here. It is hard to gauge till you are living it.

Now I will present you with a simple task:

Guess how many AAI pilots had active apps at LUV. Next ask yourself how many LUV pilots had apps in with AAI.

Next do the same comparison with DL/NWA.

All I know is ALPA while looking out for thier own, has started to jack with GK now. I am going to sit back and watch GK and ALPA battle now. Grab the popcorn.

I can't wait to read this board after the "train" has left the station. The disturbing thing is that the Airtran pilots have no idea what kind of trouble ALPA is about to inflict on their group unless something changes. I'll pick-up the beer if you'll share some popcorn.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back