• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow General, thank you sooo much. What does this information cost me??? I'm sure it's expensive, but worth it.

Both SWA and Airtran are currently profitable LCCs, with similar type (size) fleets (737s) as the largest aircraft. Both have distinct assets that make each valuable for a merger TOGETHER. Neither are close to BK. One isn't "rescuing" the other. And, I may not see a 1 or 1 in the SLI, but I certainly don't see a staple or even close. I also don't see the arbitrator equating this to the CHQ/Shuttle America merger, more like the USAir/AWA merger. After a certain amount of SWA guys on the top, I see relative from there down. There will be SWA and AT guys at the bottom of the combined list.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The only reason aircraft size has been an issue in the past is because larger aircraft used to pay more. If our narrow bodies pay the same as OAL wide-bodies then for SLI proposes maybe we should consider all of our aircraft wide-bodies. How do you like that logic General? Many of the shrunken heads on this site will freak.

Think about it, why has WB flying mattered in the past? Hint: GL, it isn't because the layovers are better. Not that there is such a thing as better than West Texas.

The only reason aircraft size has been an issue in the past is because larger aircraft used to pay more. If our narrow bodies pay the same as OAL wide-bodies then for SLI proposes maybe we should consider all of our aircraft wide-bodies. How do you like that logic General? Many of the shrunken heads on this site will freak.

Think about it, why has WB flying mattered in the past? Hint: GL, it isn't because the layovers are better. Not that there is such a thing as better than West Texas.

Did USAIR international flying after 2 bankruptcies and possible liquidation pay more than America West domestic only flying? Probably not, but the larger planes and international ops put the top positions at USAIR in their SLI. It was different type flying. And the difference in pay between Southwest and Airtran now isn't as much of a gap as it used to be, which will probably be looked at. You like to knock GL's points, but he is probably closer to the actual outcome than most of you.

Last edited:
The International qualified pilots usually go to the top of the list, as in the
USAir/AWA merger.

Expect the international qualified Airtran Captains to be put at the top of the list.

International Captain= Higher career expectations.

USAir/AWA merger.

Expect the international qualified Airtran Captains to be put at the top of the list.

HAH!
I flew my c-172 from Fort Lauderdale to Freeport before Airtran existed... So, I can argue I should be on top of the list...

What a weak arguement... Try again...

Even though my background is civilian, I know many military guys that have plenty of real international experiance... Near International really isn't that different than flying to KBHM...

Shoot.... the english is Mexico is better than in southern florida...

USAir/AWA merger.

I know you're just jerking the chain but I'll play.....

I've been flying to El Paso since 1993. I win.

Gup

And the difference in pay between Southwest and Airtran now isn't as much of a gap as it used to be, which will probably be looked at

ahh nice try: snapshot 9/27/10.

Average raise for Tranny dude is $6000 a month, by joining our CBA. Nice chunk of change, Welcome to Southwest Airlines.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back