• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty, This is repeated just for you. Because you seem to be naive of your situation.

What is just plane disappointing is the ungrateful appearance that most AT pilots have on this board. The SWA pilots before you worked very, very hard to get we are today. The largest reason for SWA's success is on the backs of its employees. Our productivity is second to none in the industry. And that productivity is the hard work we have done both on the line, and off.

No matter where seniority may end up, most all the AT pilots are thrilled about this acquisition. And most all the SWA pilots are not. That should tell you the entire story. SWA is acquiring AT for no more than 300 million out of the bank account. That is a fact. The value of this transaction is not what most of the AT pilots on this board are trying to sell the SWA pilots. If it cost SWA 1.4 bil out of the bank account, SWA would have not purchased AT's assets. It is not worth nearly that much.

So any AT pilot trying to push ANYTHING in the neighborhood of relative seniority as fair is going to rub every, and I mean EVERY SWA pilot raw. You guys are potentially walking into a very lucrative SWA job that we earned with SWA. We all put in our dues before we got hired by our respective airlines. But from our perspective, and I feel comfortable speaking for SWA pilots as a whole, we earned the position with SWA. And we don't look at it that way with the AT pilots. No matter what you think or feel, this will not change our minds. It is what it is.

So, any AT pilot who tries to justify their seniority on this board, or any other, is just pissing off the SWA pilots. Wherever the seniority falls, and this is far from a done deal, it will not be because of the opinions on this board. But the opinions on this board are all over the pilot ranks at SWA and there is not ONE pilot I have spoke to that isn't pissed off at those opinions. Even if it is just a few pilots speaking, it is the only voice being heard. And that is not good for the pilots of AT.

If I were you, I would keep my opinions to myself. You are coming to work for us, and not the other way around.

Peace out.

Naive, huh?

Well, I guess we'll know soon enough which one of us is, won't we?

Last edited:
I learned to fly in New Zealand......I win !!

Would all of you talk to each other like that, if you were sitting in front of one another? (and please don't answer that with "yes",otherwise please sign your name to your post...your real name")
All you do is provide entertainment for the rest of us. Why not let your Merger Committee know how you think the list should look like. They may actually integrate some of your thoughts into their proposals. ( and by the way, if you are too embarrassed to let the MC know, you should be too embarrassed to post it here)

What you do on here only makes you look small and pity. Especially when you think about what it is, you are actually accomplishing.

Ty, This is repeated just for you. Because you seem to be naive of your situation.

What is just plane disappointing is the ungrateful appearance that most AT pilots have on this board.

If I were you, I would keep my opinions to myself. You are coming to work for us, and not the other way around.

Peace out.

I just laughed out loud.

Capt Antoine: Thank you! Our savior! The "ungrateful" AirTran pilots praise thee. Oh mighty saviors, Lord Southwest and Holy Antoine- "The Rescuer". We would NEVER have made it in this life without you. I eagerly await the day I can grovel at your feet in the Potbelly line at MDW.

(sarcasm off)

Get over yourselves...all of you.

I think you would still have to come up with a 717 payrate

That's true. The SWA contract says that negotiations have to take place for the 717 pay rates and international operations. Besides those kinds of items that are unique to the new part of the operation, the SWA contract is the one that will continue.

Latest resources

Back