Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pseudo Seniority Numbers?

Rrrrrrriiiiiight?

They are called occupational dates of hire at AA just likes yours slick. They are very real and most were already on the list when you got hired at AA. You simply chose to ignore them. Eagle pilots with AA numbers have no recall rights, and they will never be recalled by AA. They will however be offered class dates at AA because of the acquisistion of TWA. Some of the ex TWA pilots who were non AA-trained satisfied the definition in Letter 3 of new hire pilots. As such when they were recalled to AA they not only generated new AA numbers for Eagle pilots, but also AA class dates for those that already had numbers for 2 years or more.

Sorry, pseudo was probably not an appropriate term for it.

I understand the facts, it's just hard to accept the fact that an ex TWA pilot with 18 years should be considered a new hire. They were AA pilots when they got furloughed, as such they should be recalled before any AE pilot flows. At least that's how I always envisioned it.

I understand the facts, it's just hard to accept the fact that an ex TWA pilot with 18 years should be considered a new hire. They were AA pilots when they got furloughed, as such they should be recalled before any AE pilot flows. At least that's how I always envisioned it.
Thanks 73, I know for a fact that I was Not a new hire. Not so much as I wore the uniform, my paycheck said AA on it, I did walk arounds on a big shiny jet, but most importantly after about a year I became a unhappy dickhead with a atitude. So in my opinion that clearly proves I am NOT a new hire my eaglet freinds.......

Way to go Eagle, greed and entitlement know no limits.
Hello pot, this is the kettle!

The regionals are only flying the jets the majors deemed unworthy. Misguided step on their part. As a 10 yr FO I do not want to be where I am at any more than the next guy. Perhaps these groups are finally beginning to see the light in the approach to the scope issue. Simple economics rules the roast. Not pipe dreams or one's own "envisioning". Certain group's scope strategies need to shift as they are certainly not working in present form.

Take for instance the current chapter in the flow-through/backwards debacle debate. A patch on a patch on a patch. Which results in more pilots mis-guided, un-informed anger at other groups. In my opinion, the best solution is a new direction with a collaborated decision where all parties involved have to swallow a little pride/ego to move forward. Both regional and major pilot groups need to come together with this solution. Otherwise management will continue to bend us all over the wood pile.

APA took your 18 years at TWA and stapled you to the bottom of their list, not Eagle ALPA pilots. 18 year TWA pilots got 18 year Captain pay and Captain seats at Eagle. When they went to AA they got 18 year AA pay. The 20 plus year Eagle pilots that chose to acquire AA numbers at the bottom of the list were told they could go over to AA 2 years later at probie pay. Now almost a decade later some of those Eagle pilots might go over and guys like you have a hard time with it? Rrrrrrriiiiiiiight? How do you think the same Eagle pilot envisioned it?

I am getting a little teary eyed.

***News Flash***Most don't want the stinking job at AA because they know what kind of job it has turned into. Let me guess that is their fault too? Now they have AA pilots that don't want them coming over and less senior Eagle pilots that want to force them over to AA. Feel the love baby.

Again all should understand that Eagle flowthrough pilots will never be recalled to AA. They have no AA furlough rights so no AA recall rights either. They do have AA seniority numbers, and they had them before the TWA purchase. This grievance was filed before the expiration of Letter 3/ Supp W. No you are not a new hire pilot, but for Letter 3 purposes and definition you do trigger the new hire class provision. As such new AA numbers will be assigned to Eagle pilots and Eagle pilots with AA numbers will be offered new hire classes not recall classes.

Hello pot, this is the kettle!

The regionals are only flying the jets the majors deemed unworthy. Misguided step on their part. As a 10 yr FO I do not want to be where I am at any more than the next guy. Perhaps these groups are finally beginning to see the light in the approach to the scope issue. Simple economics rules the roast. Not pipe dreams or one's own "envisioning". Certain group's scope strategies need to shift as they are certainly not working in present form.

Take for instance the current chapter in the flow-through/backwards debacle debate. A patch on a patch on a patch. Which results in more pilots mis-guided, un-informed anger at other groups. In my opinion, the best solution is a new direction with a collaborated decision where all parties involved have to swallow a little pride/ego to move forward. Both regional and major pilot groups need to come together with this solution. Otherwise management will continue to bend us all over the wood pile.
"Come together" when I got furlough 6 years ago the regional pilots jumped all over ever route we used to fly with big smiles on there faces. Now the pain is felt in the regional ranks with stagnation and LOW pay still. No one forced you to seat there for 10years and starve. I declined the flowback and moved on, so I can bitch. Not one, but ever regional is to blame by showing up to work ever trip.

"Come together" when I got furlough 6 years ago the regional pilots jumped all over ever route we used to fly with big smiles on there faces. Now the pain is felt in the regional ranks with stagnation and LOW pay still. No one forced you to seat there for 10years and starve. I declined the flowback and moved on, so I can bitch. Not one, but ever regional is to blame by showing up to work ever trip.

Yes it is the entire so-called regional pilots fault. No one forced you to work for AA either. That was your choice. You and pilots that think like you are the exact reason AMR is able to divide and conquer. Professional pilots are all partly to blame for allowing this profession to become crap. We are all too concerned about our own needs today instead of the big long-term picture.

"Come together" when I got furlough 6 years ago the regional pilots jumped all over ever route we used to fly with big smiles on there faces.

So you're saying AE took all the routes you used to fly? Wow, I didn't know they got so many new airplanes. I'm surprised upgrade didn't go down to 1 year like Chatauqua.

Don't shoot the messenger but...

I just commuted on an AA MD80. Both pilots (Both native by the way) showed me a list of Eagle pilots who stand to gain from this arbitrator's ruling. They said the list is rapidly making the rounds.

Captain said "these dumbf-cks won't ever be jumpseating on my plane".

Also said, "If these guys ever come over they're going to wish they stayed at Eagle".

The F/O said, "Those scabs better take there flight bag home with them every night because I'll see to it it won't be there in the morning."

More was said but you get the idea.

I'm not saying this is right just passing on the attitude many of the AA pilots have over this ruling. Figuratively speaking, you guys better bring a bullet proof vest if you do decide to come to the AA side.

Don't shoot the messenger but...

I just commuted on an AA MD80. Both pilots (Both native by the way) showed me a list of Eagle pilots who stand to gain from this arbitrator's ruling. They said the list is rapidly making the rounds.

Captain said "these dumbf-cks won't ever be jumpseating on my plane".

Also said, "If these guys ever come over they're going to wish they stayed at Eagle".

The F/O said, "Those scabs better take there flight bag home with them every night because I'll see to it it won't be there in the morning."

More was said but you get the idea.

I'm not saying this is right just passing on the attitude many of the AA pilots have over this ruling. Figuratively speaking, you guys better bring a bullet proof vest if you do decide to come to the AA side.

Troll.

As an FO on the CRJ, I have a lot to say on the segments we fly....wait a sec, I don't....that would be marketing aka mgmt. I will admit I am looking forward to flying to some new places and seeing them. I do wonder this as the AA pilots gripe over us taking over segments, have they looked in the back of thier jet. Is it full or just a few people on it. If economics will not support a MD80, which is the smallest plane at AA right? Why should it keep doing the leg. Why not give it to Eagle. On the other end, If the CRJ keep leaving a lot of people at the gate, not DRX's, then put an AA plane on it. That also brings up another point. AA and Eagle have nothing between the 80 and the crj, now how smart is that or is that also going to be blamed on eagle.

On another point, I understand AA pilot trying to protect jobs. Wouldn't it be more advantages to go after Connection rather than eagle? Connection being in direct competition now, well at least the parent company. That is like you paying the assasin to come and kill...you.

Latest resources

Back