AA's new B scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't shoot the messenger but...

I just commuted on an AA MD80. Both pilots (Both native by the way) showed me a list of Eagle pilots who stand to gain from this arbitrator's ruling. They said the list is rapidly making the rounds.

Captain said "these dumbf-cks won't ever be jumpseating on my plane".

Also said, "If these guys ever come over they're going to wish they stayed at Eagle".

The F/O said, "Those scabs better take there flight bag home with them every night because I'll see to it it won't be there in the morning."

More was said but you get the idea.

I'm not saying this is right just passing on the attitude many of the AA pilots have over this ruling. Figuratively speaking, you guys better bring a bullet proof vest if you do decide to come to the AA side.

How many natives are left now? <joking>

As such new AA numbers will be assigned to Eagle pilots and Eagle pilots with AA numbers will be offered new hire classes not recall classes.

So essentially, an Eagle flowthrough is a new hire in a recall class.

Still doesn't make it right. Spin it any way you want, AA pilots furloughed from AA (regardless of background) should be offered first dibs in a recall class. Eagle flowthroughs should get first dibs in a new hire class. There is a difference. Apparently, Nicolau can't see it.

For the record, I don't condone the condescending attitude of those two MD80 pilots. I would never sink to that level, as I know for a fact there are fine folks at Eagle, several of which are good friends, just doing their jobs the way we do. It wasn't their doing, it was the arbitrator's ruling. But that doesn't prevent me from venting my opinions on whether it was necessarily fair or not.

So essentially, an Eagle flowthrough is a new hire in a recall class.

Still doesn't make it right. Spin it any way you want, AA pilots furloughed from AA (regardless of background) should be offered first dibs in a recall class. Eagle flowthroughs should get first dibs in a new hire class. There is a difference. Apparently, Nicolau can't see it.

For the record, I don't condone the condescending attitude of those two MD80 pilots. I would never sink to that level, as I know for a fact there are fine folks at Eagle, several of which are good friends, just doing their jobs the way we do. It wasn't their doing, it was the arbitrator's ruling. But that doesn't prevent me from venting my opinions on whether it was necessarily fair or not.

Couldn't be said that the LaRocco recall ruling was wrong? Shouldn't any recall of pilots be strictly by seniority? The best way to understand these rulings would be to think of the RJ flow through pilot as an AA pilot the day he received his AA seniority. He basically was fulfilling a seat lock. Most people see no difference between an AE flow through with AA seniority and a TWA furlough with AA seniority. Both never flew at AA and both required AA new hire training.

The most important part of this conversation has been LOS. If I can get LOS, I'll retire on furlough and give me golden ticket to whomever wants it!

No amount of cash will take away what LOS can give the furloughees!

Another point is the flowbacks were only temporary. They were never going to stay and permanently take a spot on the list. You knew(know)that. This is a flow to a permanent, to retirement position. Very different.

Oh I see......So the $200,000 I lost due to the flowbacks coming to Eagle is TEMPORARY!!!! Oh I got it now. When WILL I be seeing my money?????

Another point is the flowbacks were only temporary. They were never going to stay and permanently take a spot on the list. You knew(know)that. This is a flow to a permanent, to retirement position. Very different.

Good point. The flow throughs seniority is just like any other AA pilot and not like the Super Seniority the flowbacks had under an exception to the contract which put them in positions they couldn't hold.

I used to work for ACA based in ORD. I remember when eagle signed that horrible 16 year contract. They gave away the farm just to get flow through. At the time I thought it was stupid to base your ENTIRE career solely on whichever regional hired you from your CFI gig. I figured it would be way quicker to get to a major by simply getting your hours at any regional and then, you know, apply like everyone else. Why just sit back for years and years and wait for someone to hand it to you?

Now a decade or so has gone by and lots of the guys getting screwed by that stupid stupid contract weren't even on the property when it was signed. Hell, a lot of 'em weren't even pilots when it was signed.

All I know is Eagle has been through a lot. Much of it was of their own doing by voting in that f'ed up contract. TWA has been through a lot too and none of it was the pilots fault. TWA was once one of the greats. They used to fly Ford Tri-Motors flying the mail routes for crying out loud!

It's a bad situation no matter how you slice it. I hope some one some where comes up with some way to make somebody happy.

Last edited:
Oh I see......So the $200,000 I lost due to the flowbacks coming to Eagle is TEMPORARY!!!! Oh I got it now. When WILL I be seeing my money?????

I am still furloughed, do you still have your job and your seat back? Yes, I am sure you do. From your avatar I presume your ex BEX. Date of hire was it?

Latest resources

Back