• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA's new B scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Besides why in the hell would these guys want to come over anyway at best 1 or 3rd year pay to sit reserve probably out of base and get treated like a contract breaking commuter puke? I am already hearing no legs or beers for eagle job robbers. I say make every one of them come over and get a taste of it. Good luck eaglets......
FYI: The truth is many of them don't want to now. From a regional pilot standpoint, they're are at the top of the game - good pay, pretty okay schedules. It's probably best not to say you're gonna teach 'em a lesson. They're good hard-working people, with age and wisdom. They deserve some respect.

Since the Eagle pilots who have NOT flowed received their numbers through Sup W/LTR3 and it is now dead and gone they should expect the same when it comes to a number at AA.
Look what Eagle ALPA did to the flowbacks when they took their CA seats because W/ltr3 was dead THEN they "had" a displacement....so "oops you lost your CA seat."

How about a "oops you lost your seniority number." APA can just decide to recycle all vacant numbers just like ALPA did to those FB CA who lost the seat because the agreement was dead. APA has a list redo every year.
How can those who decided the seat provided to FB is gone after the agreement died but somehow the number they got and have NOT used is still valid ?

Talk about pretzel logic.....

Last edited:
Since the Eagle pilots who have NOT flowed received their numbers through Sup W/LTR3 and it is now dead and gone they should expect the same when it comes to a number at AA.
Look what Eagle ALPA did to the flowbacks when they took their CA seats because W/ltr3 was dead THEN they "had" a displacement....so "oops you lost your CA seat."

How about a "oops you lost your seniority number." APA can just decide to recycle all vacant numbers just like ALPA did to those FB CA who lost the seat because the agreement was dead. APA has a list redo every year.
How can those who decided the seat provided to FB is gone after the agreement died but somehow the number they got and have NOT used is still valid ?

Talk about pretzel logic.....

So then if you want to take the numbers away from the Eagle pilots then the flowbacks should be put out on the street? You say that the flowback CA's lost their seat? They are still there. They merely hold the seat that their seniority allows. And with 10 year upgrade at Eagle, all they can hold is FO. Are you saying an FO seat is beneath them? Why should they be allowed to hold CA's seats ahead of 10 year FO's at Eagle? Sup W is dead as you say. As long as Eagle pilots no longer have the right to flow to AA, why should the flowbacks continue to hold up movement at Eagle. Now if you want to create a new Sup W deal, then maybe something can be worked out. But as long as management has a laugh behind closed doors at all your bickering, things will only get worse.

That's not the point. What I'm getting at is, they were officially AA pilots as of April 10, 2001. They were furloughed from AA, not TWA. They should be recalled to AA before anyone who was never at AA. Eagle pilots with AA seniority numbers were never at AA. Why should they be recalled first? Just because they have a pseudo seniority number?

I agree, it's not up to you nor I to decide. But I think it's fair to say we have two very different opinions on how it should have come out.

Sure you make valid points... but at the end of the day, its what Nicolai (the arbitrator) rules. End of story!

This story is far from over. I predict at least 3 more letter 3 grievences
Your right on! The eagle guys are already dancing in the streets over one decision, but guess what 3 plus years will pass and these losers that couldnt get hired even in the late 90s will still be waiting. Stay in the left seat and be happy, because you wont be welcome here!

Eagle pilots with AA seniority numbers were never at AA. Why should they be recalled first? Just because they have a pseudo seniority number?

Pseudo Seniority Numbers?

Rrrrrrriiiiiight?

They are called occupational dates of hire at AA just likes yours slick. They are very real and most were already on the list when you got hired at AA. You simply chose to ignore them. Eagle pilots with AA numbers have no recall rights, and they will never be recalled by AA. They will however be offered class dates at AA because of the acquisistion of TWA. Some of the ex TWA pilots who were non AA-trained satisfied the definition in Letter 3 of new hire pilots. As such when they were recalled to AA they not only generated new AA numbers for Eagle pilots, but also AA class dates for those that already had numbers for 2 years or more.

This debacle shows either the idiocy or darker motive of the arbitrator. The twisted convoluted definition of TWA pilots being "new hires" is patently absurd, however, that's how this idiot arbitrator ruled. The obvious intent of letter 3 was not honored. Motive? Who knows.

"B" scale? Sorry eaglets. That's complete BS and a figment of your paranoia.

Last edited:
Stay in the left seat and be happy, because you wont be welcome here!

But the punks from Mesa, Gojet, Republic, etc etc etc will be? I think you have misidentified the enemy. From what I have heard, it's not the Eagle pilots that are your enemy. You sound like another disgruntled TWA guy that can't just be happy they are on ANYBODY'S list. You all were a whisker away from being just another Pan Am or Eastern pilot. With each thread involving this AA, TWA, Eagle, BS I end up with less and less respect for the so called former TWAers.

Latest resources

Back