• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA's new B scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not intended that way, but that contract has made eagle the highest paid 50 seat jet operator,

Say what?? Horizon pays their dash 8 pilots more than eagle pilots are getting on the 50 seat jet. Those eagle rates are shameful, just as all the other rj rates are as well as most mainline rates.

Say what?? Horizon pays their dash 8 pilots more than eagle pilots are getting on the 50 seat jet. Those eagle rates are shameful, just as all the other rj rates are as well as most mainline rates.

Rates or W2?

Seems to me as an outsider looking in that the AA pilots enjoyed the rights and privledges of the flow through when things were moving backward. As a result of the flow through there are some Eagle pilots with AA numbers. As AA needs pilots, they will fill the classes based on the names on the seniority list. To me it doesn't matter how a pilot got on that list. He/she is there and they should come to class in seniority order.

You can't take the good of a flow through, which was AA pilots getting to fly at Eagle during the bad times, without accepting the bad, which is Eagle guys coming to class ahead of some furlough recalls.

You can't take the good of a flow through, which was AA pilots getting to fly at Eagle during the bad times, without accepting the bad, which is Eagle guys coming to class ahead of some furlough recalls.
This isn't a case of sour grapes about flow-through's rights to come to AA. They're entitled to come. It's about the contract language which states the flow-throughs come when there are newhire classes, not furlough recalls. The arbitrator interpreted recallees as equivalent to newhires and that's what AA pilots find objectionable.

Rates or W2?

Rez, please lets not split hairs. The pay sucks all around!

As far as this Eagle, AA thing. What if the Eagle pilots who have now been given rights to sit in recall classes along with those returning from furlough, were to be offered class dates after all AA furloughs have been offered class dates. Allowing Eagle flow throughs to attend class at AA before those bypassing are given a second recall notice. Would that be an acceptable compromise?

Read what, oh that's right you didn't. Last I checked Horizon doesnt have any 50 seat jets. So you are definetly in the wrong business since nobody makes anything near what you consider not "shameless."

Seems to me as an outsider looking in that the AA pilots enjoyed the rights and privledges of the flow through when things were moving backward. As a result of the flow through there are some Eagle pilots with AA numbers. As AA needs pilots, they will fill the classes based on the names on the seniority list. To me it doesn't matter how a pilot got on that list. He/she is there and they should come to class in seniority order.

As usual, if your not part of it you don't know the facts. It wasn't all a one way deal until now. Many Eagle pilots flowed up to AA BEFORE times got bad. Eagle pilots were flowing up to AA since 1996 or 1997. FIVE years later 9/11 happens and now it's time for the Eagle pilots to live up to there side of the deal. They go F'ing nuts about AA pilots flowing back and many AA pilots are treated like sh!t, but too bad it was part of the deal. Then Supp W. expires and AA pilots lose there Captain seats but Eagle pilots already at AA stay (which they should) but then Eagle pilots who NEVER completed the flow up (supp W.) still keep those rights. What the F-uck is that!

If Supp. W. expiration is why the AA pilots lost their Capt. seats at Eagle then any Eagle pilot with a flow up number should lose that as well due to the same reason. You can't have it both ways.

Also in my earlier post I was just passing on info that I personally encountered. If some of you don't believe it then that is your choice, just don't act surprised when you are treated like a scab the rest of your career if you take advantage of this retarded ruling.

Oh, this just doesn't affect ex-TWA pilots. This affects down to seniority number 7559, which is mostly Native pilots. Some will be refurloughed because of this, some will go from wide body to narrow body because of this, some will go from line holder to reserve because of this. Bottom line, thousands of pilots will be affected negatively because of this (less pay, less QOL etc...) and if Eagle pilots think there going to just throw a big welcoming party for them and forget about it then they are severely out of touch with how pissed the AA pilots are about this.

Read what, oh that's right you didn't. Last I checked Horizon doesnt have any 50 seat jets. So you are definetly in the wrong business since nobody makes anything near what you consider not "shameless."

Obviously if Horizon had 50 seat jets, they would pay more than they do for the dash 8. And since their Dash 8 pays more than any eagle 50 seat rate, if they did have 50 seat jets they would be well above the eagle rates. You can understand that don't you? Horizon even pays dash 8 FO's that can hold crj fo, the crj rate which would be around 45 an hour. About 15 an hour shy of what I would not consider shameless.

Now, back to AA, TWA, and Eagle folks bickering like some soap opera, when they should be joining forces to fight management.

As usual, if your not part of it you don't know the facts. It wasn't all a one way deal until now. Many Eagle pilots flowed up to AA BEFORE times got bad. Eagle pilots were flowing up to AA since 1996 or 1997.

Umm, you seem to be a part of it but even you don't know the facts. An Eagle pilot only qualified for flow through AFTER spending what I heard was about an 18 month seat lock which turned into 24 months shortly thereafter. So since Eagle didn't get their first Jet until 1998, then sometime mid 1999 was when the very first Eagle pilot qualified to flow. Not 1996 or 1997.

Oh, this just doesn't affect ex-TWA pilots. This affects down to seniority number 7559, which is mostly Native pilots. Some will be refurloughed because of this, some will go from wide body to narrow body because of this, some will go from line holder to reserve because of this. Bottom line, thousands of pilots will be affected negatively because of this (less pay, less QOL etc...)

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY FALLING!! Wow, you are quite the drama queen aren't you? The ruling affects about 300 Eagle Pilots which would represent about 3.5% to 4% of your workforce. Didn't AA announce some capacity increases for the upcoming spring schedule? The economy is slowly improving, I doubt their will be any more contraction in the near future. And besides, this ruling doesn't mean 300 Eagle pilots are just going to appear over there at AA. There now needs to be a remedy negotiated between the 4 parties from what I have heard. Which means if you guys can offer the Eagle pilots something that would be worth their while to wait until all your folks have been offered recall, then I am sure you all can hug and sing Kumbaya, ok maybe at least shake hands.

Umm, you seem to be a part of it but even you don't know the facts. An Eagle pilot only qualified for flow through AFTER spending what I heard was about an 18 month seat lock which turned into 24 months shortly thereafter. So since Eagle didn't get their first Jet until 1998, then sometime mid 1999 was when the very first Eagle pilot qualified to flow. Not 1996 or 1997.

Correct. Some were deliberately held back the the company but that wasn't APA's fault. Only about 150 pilots flowed to AA before 9/11. About 550 AA pilots flowed back to Eagle.

Most Eagle pilots with numbers are too old to have a desire to flow. Average age is about 55 for the first 200. Why would they want to give up $100,000 W2 to make first or second year pay at AA then retire 2-5 years later? They would make more money staying at Eagle those last few years.

Latest resources

Back