• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I haven't started training, then I am an airtran CA, and should be paid as a CA. The swa badge means nothing.
Typical swapa; screw airtran guys again while pay protecting the swa fo who doesn't deserve the CA rate.

Uh no, u r a SWA FO until u go thru SWA upgrade...

Are you actually a 13 year old girl, or do you just type like one?

Typical swapa; screw airtran guys again while pay protecting the swa fo who doesn't deserve the CA rate.

To be fair, SWAPA hasn't said anything yet. Just a few dooshbags on FI. Now if SWAPA does actually refuse to fight that, then I'd say it would be a pretty good reason to lawyer up. That would be a pretty large legal class losing thousands of dollars each.

If I haven't been awarded an FO downgrade class then I'm still a capt. PERIOD! The day the award becomes effective then that may be open for debate. The common sense solution in my opinion would be the day you start class as an FO then you would snap back to those rates. I hope our union and swapa are positioning themselves as united on this.

RV

SW badge provided 12/28. You'll be 'awarded' SW FO on Jan 1st, with a training TBD.

Problem solved.

If I haven't started training, then I am an airtran CA, and should be paid as a CA. The swa badge means nothing.

I think you need to face the unpleasant reality that swapa is a very weak union and has minuscule power in not only your destiny, but any pilot's. You give them WAY too much credit. SWA will do what it wants no matter what swapa or AT ALPA say.

Last edited:
Honestly, SWAPA needs to fight for the highest pay rate and best interpretation for ALL our members. On 12/28/14 we are all SWAPA members and it is the unions duty to fight for the highest pay rate they are able to negotiate for all members awaiting training. Nothing else is acceptable.

here's a question...Are the AirTran FO's who wait as long as possible to go over, say after Jan 1st, going to be paid at AirTran rates or swa rates?

RV

SW badge provided 12/28. You'll be 'awarded' SW FO on Jan 1st, with a training TBD.

Problem solved.

I can't be awarded something that I haven't bid for or won't bid for...If my airplane flies off into the sunset or is used by DL as a money making tool, then I am considered displaced.
RV

Latest resources

Back