• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lost on these guys is the 98% strike vote and the fact that we would have shut the place down just like Spirit did in June 2010...We were next!

Be prepared to be very underwhelmed by SWAPA and the support they receive from the pilot membership. They/we are currently are in section 6 negotiations. But things are moving a little slowly. Mostly because the SWAPA has given the company everything they need in side letters to the old contract. The union has signed 18 side letters since the contract was passed. I'm not saying SWA is a bad company or a bad to place work, because it is not. But with Babbitt and Kelly running the show, it will be interesting to see if SWAPA learns to say no.

* to be clear side letters 8,9 and 10 were applicable to the SLI process. The following eight side letters were almost all work rule related (red eye flying, international, guarantee.. Open time process). Why even bother negotiating???
And these SL's get signed after their pilot group gets 1700 new friends from a former competitor. Not what it will take for this group to take a stand.

Last edited:
These negotiations are not going like previous contracts, too much negotiating in public...too many big egos at SWAPA and SWA

...tired of baby sitting AAI FOs...............

Yeah and the RSW pilot group has such a stellar track record going for themselves over the past year.

...tired of baby sitting AAI FOs...............

Yeah and the RSW pilot group has such a stellar track record going for themselves over the past year.

Lets be fair when you mention the past year. Look at their record over the last 35 years to get a good sample. Besides, if you are trying to compare SWA with Airtran then you need to take into account that SWA has over 3300 flights everyday where Airtran had what about 1000 if that? Multiply that by 365 days a year and you come up with close to a million flights more in a year.

You guys are so funny. Management hands everyone here a big fat turd and all you can do is fight amongst yourselves while we are actively negotiating our contract. Even an idiot like VDV can be made go look like a genius when you do that. Why the hostility between each other? The company has pretty much dictated the game so far....we are powerless as individuals. Our company is making record profits and we have the worst retirement and reserve of the majors. Its contract time. FOCUS!

You guys are so funny. Management hands everyone here a big fat turd and all you can do is fight amongst yourselves while we are actively negotiating our contract. Even an idiot like VDV can be made go look like a genius when you do that. Why the hostility between each other? The company has pretty much dictated the game so far....we are powerless as individuals. Our company is making record profits and we have the worst retirement and reserve of the majors. Its contract time. FOCUS!

Sorry, Man, but you don't insult me, threaten me, steal from me, lie to me and then ask me for my help. I traded 3.5 years of seniority and my seat for this great contract and pay rates, I should be satisfied, right?

SWAPA and this pilot group have a LONG way to go if they expect to get any solidarity out of many of us.

Sorry, Man, but you don't insult me, threaten me, steal from me, lie to me and then ask me for my help. I traded 3.5 years of seniority and my seat for this great contract and pay rates, I should be satisfied, right?

So, a bad contract would somehow make your lot in life better?

SWAPA and this pilot group have a LONG way to go if they expect to get any solidarity out of many of us.

That goes for the RSW guys too...... and it goes back WAY before the AT debacle was even a glimmer in GK's eyes.

That is the most ridiculous post I have read in a long time.

Like it or not you will be a part of SWAPA soon. If you want to attempt to screw everyone-including yourself and all FAT pilots-in order to show your discontent, then go right ahead and promote as much chaos as possible.

Grow up! It's over. I know that is hard to accept but you can't change the past.

Going forward any disunity you spread will adversely affect you as much as anyone else. If that's the road you feel you need to take to remedy the grievance offenses you were shouldered with than so be it.

The alternative would be to get involved and promote us all receiving an industry leading contract and improving your quality of life and compensation package instead of actively attempting to divide the group that you are now involved with and making your own life more miserable.

Latest resources

Back