Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Alright, Guys, is it just me, or are these numbers starting to look rather . . . . optimistic?

• 1200 Pilots remain on AAI side
  • Training Schedule calls for 312 Pilots to be trained through Aug 27 class
  • 900 Pilots to be trained from 9/1 - 12/31/2014?
  • 225 a month, including 700 B717 Pilots that will need to be typed?

Unless the next merger is with FlightSafety, I don't see this happening. :rolleyes:

So, this prompts the question . . . . In January 2015, there are at least 3 outcomes that could happen:

A) Park Airplanes= Forgo revenue, and Pay Pilots to sit home for months?

B) Keep 'em flying - Appease SWAPA with pay protection/seat protection for OSW CA's

C) Park the Planes and Furlough Pilots from a profitable Company?

D) Door #4 . . . . Something not yet revealed?

This could get interesting . . . . When will the Jan 2015 SWA System Schedule come out (ie flights open for booking)?

Last edited:
The Company has already stated to SWAPA that Option A is what is going to happen. SWA has no plans to operate the 717's or the AirTran brand beyond December 31, 2014.

According to my union rep. the company has asked to fly the 717 past Jan 1, 2015. SWAPA said "sure, lets talk about it in the Section 6!"

Company did not like that. SWAPA knows there is no chance of a Side Letter passing no matter how good it could be due to the stalled contract negotiations.

Heard the company was only looking for about six more days to get thru the holiday schedule and the union wasn't interested in this flattish environment.

According to my union rep. the company has asked to fly the 717 past Jan 1, 2015. SWAPA said "sure, lets talk about it in the Section 6!"

Company did not like that. SWAPA knows there is no chance of a Side Letter passing no matter how good it could be due to the stalled contract negotiations.

Cmon now. SWAPA will do as they're told, let's be realistic. For me personally, it's a win-win. Either I get the increased CA pay rate, or get paid to sit on the beach. What ever they want to do is fine with me.

Course, if they furlough me, that would really suck.

Last edited:
Cmon now. SWAPA will do as they're told, let's be realistic. For me personally, it's a win-win. Either I get the increased CA pay rate, or get paid to sit on the beach. What ever they want to do is fine with me.

Course, if they furlough me, that would really suck.

Haha. Not lately they haven't been. You'll be sitting home getting paid SW rates. I don't see any furlough on the horizon.

28 per class, 112 per month, looks like 400ish get trained, leaving about 500 Jan 1, 2015. At 112 a month, it will take them through May 2015 to get everyone trained.

But they didn't see this coming, right.......

Enjoy your company paid vacation guys. SWAPA is not signing anything outside section six, the company brought this on themselves, they can dig themselves out, they want flattish, we can give them flattish.

Thanks for the input . . . Kind of what I figured, unless they really. really need those planes flying.

Regds,
Ty

Latest resources

Back