• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the manuals say Airtran/Southwest I believe? 2 day training event in Dallas and ID# and I believe you can go right back to flying 717 with SWA 717 Cpt and 717 FO. NO?

I don't think that is a correct interpretation.

"The transition of these aircraft to Delta started in July 2013, and will continue through January 2015. At which time, any remaining aircraft are planned to be removed from revenue service until they are transitioned to Delta. Therefore, the B-717s will never be used in Southwest Airlines operations outside of the AirTran partition."

"Since the B717 will never be reconfigured, repainted, and eligible to be moved from the AirTran partition, we request this exemption be extended until February 1, 2015 when all of the B717 will have transitioned over to Delta Airlines."

http://www.regulations.gov/contentS...3e2c28&disposition=attachment&contentType=pdf

All the manuals say Airtran/Southwest I believe? 2 day training event in Dallas and ID# and I believe you can go right back to flying 717 with SWA 717 Cpt and 717 FO. NO?
While your premise is correct, the FAA requires a training and safety plan. Lots of documentation and manpower overhead to staff a training and safety center for how many months, three, four? Since the company opted to NOT gain those through the FAA, the certificate for the 717's drops dead 1 Jan 2015.

What a genius plan. I mean thest guys are brilliant!! Over pay for an airline, piss everyone off during the SLI process, let the wheels fall off your product while you chase a imagined 15% ROIC, pay your competitor to take 2/3rds of your assets that you over paid for, delay getting your assets combined where you have to pay 300-500 employees to sit at home....whew....there is a bunch of dudes that know how to manage people, money, and run an airline!!!
Yet through all this manage to pull a 13% ROIC and double it's stock price.

Hard to argue with success. And no, I do not consider being last place a success, that will come back to bite the ROIC.

There will be a deal. Anyone SWA pilot here knows that the company always gets what they want. Most here will be amazed at what little SWAPA gets in exchange. Plan for small increases in retirement and pay as well as miniscule reserve improvements. There will not be "retro pay" but there will be a small "signing bonus". If you're a tranny 717 guy, I'd plan on some of you flying those planes into the spring. I don't see anyone getting paid to sit at home and do nothing. I see no furloughs. I see no senior SWA FO's getting bypass pay. This is how it goes down here....I REALLY don't see it changing much at all. Incremental changes and temporary allowances.

Don't worry about furlough. Ain't gonna happen. Don't worry about getting any huge pay/retirement increases either. Expect a deal...a somewhat disappointing one...but something everyone can live with.

There will be a deal. Anyone SWA pilot here knows that the company always gets what they want. Most here will be amazed at what little SWAPA gets in exchange. Plan for small increases in retirement and pay as well as miniscule reserve improvements. There will not be "retro pay" but there will be a small "signing bonus". If you're a tranny 717 guy, I'd plan on some of you flying those planes into the spring. I don't see anyone getting paid to sit at home and do nothing. I see no furloughs. I see no senior SWA FO's getting bypass pay. This is how it goes down here....I REALLY don't see it changing much at all. Incremental changes and temporary allowances.

Don't worry about furlough. Ain't gonna happen. Don't worry about getting any huge pay/retirement increases either. Expect a deal...a somewhat disappointing one...but something everyone can live with.

Hammer, meet nail.....

This is EXACTLY what's gonna happen.

Disagree, unless you know the FAA is somehow secretly authorizing SWA to fly 717's with NO training plan.

No training plan, no training center for 717, no 717 flights, period.

717 is dead to SWA Dec 31, 2014.

Now, end game they may jump through hoops, but the expense outweighs the returns.

Latest resources

Back