• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you can fit it in, you really ought to hang around a few more weeks after the time off and get a free 737 type if you don't have it already. Then turn in the notice.:)

If you can fit it in, you really ought to hang around a few more weeks after the time off and get a free 737 type if you don't have it already. Then turn in the notice.:)

Believe me, I wish I could, but there's just no way I can be away from the office for 6+ weeks. Just going on a 2-day trip leaves me with a stack of work when I get back that takes me a week to catch back up on.

AT guys in the know, how many AT 737's do you think there will be 28 Dec 2014? I'm guessing 30ish.

That is the magic question.

I think we are near that number now; presently about 156 crews, plus management/training pilots.

60+ crews scheduled for training through August, leaving less than 90 crew, or enough for 16 or so airplanes, plus maybe a few spares. Call it 20 aircraft around Sept 1, guessing from the Pilot staffing.

Here are the numbers according to FP: 28th DEC 2014, we'll still have 27 717's and 6 737s that will be grounded. Estimated crews 380 left. A bid for the months of JAN through April will come out in October. Guarantee pay at SW rates, but not decided yet if it will be Capt's pay for the captains... IN those first 4 months, 150+ or more captain vacancies expected that would go mostly to AT guys.
I guess the end of AirTran will go senior after all...

Here are the numbers according to FP: 28th DEC 2014, we'll still have 27 717's and 6 737s that will be grounded. Estimated crews 380 left. A bid for the months of JAN through April will come out in October. Guarantee pay at SW rates, but not decided yet if it will be Capt's pay for the captains... IN those first 4 months, 150+ or more captain vacancies expected that would go mostly to AT guys.
Word on this side is CM is stacking the upgrades to prevent any CA upgrades till mid summer 2015.

One problem:

Lance.

From the contract, Lance is awarded based on domicile seniority. If you fall within the 3.2% IN DOMICILE, you may elect to bid Lance. I think a senior FO can bump a more junior FO out of Lance come 2015.

Based on projected flying, operational requirements and aircraft deliveries, the Company will upgrade First Officers to Captain within specific domiciles in accordance with domicile seniority.
Percentage System: Each month the Company will designate three and two-tenths percent (3.2%) of the total First Officers in each domicile as LCs.

If meeting the required percentage requires designation of a pilot who is not captain qualified, the Company will have two (2) months from the date the final vacancy result is posted to qualify the designated pilot as Captain. If the Upgrade Training is not scheduled to be completed within two (2) months, all events will be paid at Captain?s rate until the pilot is upgraded, trained, or falls out of the three and two-tenths percent (3.2%).
I read the last paragraph as, if you fall within the 3.2, the company has two months to train you or pay you till they train you.

Your welcome.

Wait a sec....

Are you saying that me just typing this in FI isn't good enough for you? :)

Bubba

FI only counts if it's PCL ... right?

Don't think the company implied that there will be one. I think what they meant was that on 1 Jan 2015, global seniority rules, and anyone who's senior enough can bid a Captain seat when there's vacancies, despite not having been through training yet. Although, I have no idea if any really senior FAT guys will still be on that side of the partition or not, that that particular situation may apply to.

Bubba

Just got the memo on our side. I see what you are talking about, but have to say .... no more ambiguous has ever been made. It can be read many different ways. Can anyone explain the third paragraph?

Hmmm... why would it not be Capt's pay for Captains? The deal was SWA pay on the first of Jan-2015. If I have not transitioned, I'm still a Captain.

Latest resources

Back