AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, it's official (sort of).

AirTran stops flying 28 December 2014, with the company anticipating starting the last FAT guys in training by April 2015. Details to follow, including positioning flights on 29 December to park 717s. Non-trained guys will get paid monthly line minimums while waiting.

Bubba

Other than you typing this in FI, where is this 'officially'?

AT guys in the know, how many AT 737's do you think there will be 28 Dec 2014? I'm guessing 30ish.

From RGS a few weeks ago, the last 737 will be delivered to Seattle on 28 Dec.

Other than you typing this in FI, where is this 'officially'?

From RGS a few weeks ago, the last 737 will be delivered to Seattle on 28 Dec.

Just got the memo from VP Flight Ops.

But then again, it WAS signed by Chuck Magill, so you never know..... :)

Bubba

Thanks, if last plane goes in the drop dead day, how many will effectively be out of service come 1 Jan 2015 as in they are still in MX?

Word above was sent out by a flight Ops email, cant post it but his info is good.

I'm also fuzzy that a vacancy bid rebid is legal. Anyone?

Last edited:
Well, it's official (sort of).

AirTran stops flying 28 December 2014, with the company anticipating starting the last FAT guys in training by April 2015. Details to follow, including positioning flights on 29 December to park 717s. Non-trained guys will get paid monthly line minimums while waiting.

In keeping with the tenor of this recent discussion, that equates to "vacations" for some, and for others, just a lot more time to bitch.

Bubba

Interesting. This might change my game plan a bit. Maybe I'll stick around to get the free four months of guarantee and turn in my resignation right before the class date next April. :)

Vacancy rebid? Can you enlighten on that?

Don't think the company implied that there will be one. I think what they meant was that on 1 Jan 2015, global seniority rules, and anyone who's senior enough can bid a Captain seat when there's vacancies, despite not having been through training yet. Although, I have no idea if any really senior FAT guys will still be on that side of the partition or not, that that particular situation may apply to.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back