• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be neater if you knew what you were talking about. X-Rated hasn't worked here for quite a long time now.

Stop blaming everyone else for where you find yourself in life. If everything seems to be working against you, maybe it's time for some self-reflection.

Telling your coworkers to "GFY" isn't going to make things any easier...

I thought you were going to take the buyout money...what happened there?

Who did I say that to? Did you personally see that? I know who spread that rumor and I approve his expenses. And yet nothing has changed for him regardless of him telling me that he unethically expenses things he shouldn't. You should be very careful repeating the thoughts of morons. What comes out of his mouth is truly astounding at times yet it is eaten up with glee. Amazing.

I asked for the buyout and I didn't get it, much to my regret. If you have the sack PM me with an email and I will gladly send over the paperwork from HR. As for X rated I took his interest in our company as a sign he was employed. Simple mistake really but well worth attacking one over? Another one of our FOs left today. How many more will leave because of the way they have been treated? How long until the facts are so glaring that you can use some empathy for those who work for you and were totally taken advantage of? Taken advantage of by a system that is a literal one way street of feedback and the only reward being a willing lap dog for a temporary period until they realize the system is rigged. There is always trashing the reputation of those who are not afraid to speak out but it speaks to the quality of those willing to participate in that behavior.

The self reflection thing is nonsense. The numbers don't lie nor do my professionalism and track record. I'm guessing your another guy who has never even taken the time to meet me or speak with me in person yet you are more than happy to spread rumors personally attacking me and disregard actual fact. Respect is a two way street, which is the only challenging thing I have mentioned and been bad mouthed for.

Again I want to congratulate the pilots who are true examples of what professionalism is all about. I hope I get to work at any company aviation or otherwise with employees that honor their own value, treats their coworkers with respect and looks towards the future optimistically. You set a great example one that is totally devoid at my place of current employment and to compare our salaries and work rules speaks volumes to the prospective quality of each organization and its pilots.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it doesn't help your pilots' position that their fellows at the next biggest player agreed to the Comair contract of the fractional industry, working the same job at a 25% discount, Good luck

???? WTF are you saying???

You do realize that Comair struck for 89 days back in 2001, costing Delta well over a billion $$, created a work slowdown by following the book, and had a huge showing of solidarity as evident by the stacks of NO votes piled high at the CP's office door....They signed what was then considered the best contract at the time (I KNOW comparing regional contracts is like comparing who's herpes contraction looks better) They risked alot and stood strong... Nothing but respect for anyone who had the pleasure of passing through Comair's doors..

QOL at Comair for the next few years after that was generally pretty good. (atleast mine was).. Although not much money, I was making more then than most RJ 70-90 seat pilots are making nowadays...with better work rules.

It wasn't until around 2004- that places like CHQ and Mesa put too much pressure on our way of life and unfortunately the Comair pilots slowly gave in and caved on concessionary contracts. And after that it was just a matter of old 50 seaters and being wholly owned by Big D. Delta could pull more strings at Comair than they could with the other contract carriers....

Next time use a different analogy to compare bottom feeders.... I spent some quality time at Comair, which is the reason I never have looked back and had one negative comment about my time there.. IMO time well spent and had a lot of fun and met some good people.

And don't forget what the QOL and wages were like at NJA pre-'05

Mahalo

Bushwick...you gotta do what's best for you. If HR denied your request, that is the first I've heard of that happening. Anyone else get the same response?

This place has changed a lot over the years, and I've got my resumes out there as well. Try not to be so angry though, man. Life is too short.

Bushwick...you gotta do what's best for you. If HR denied your request, that is the first I've heard of that happening. Anyone else get the same response?

This place has changed a lot over the years, and I've got my resumes out there as well. Try not to be so angry though, man. Life is too short.

There are others. Just met one in TEB 2 days ago.

Again this thread should go back on track to facilitate those courageous to do what is right for the industry.

I think you are a genius. Or at least some sort of savant. Or a 12 year old that keeps quoting Top Gun. It's really difficult to be sure.

Excellent dry humor..

For what it's worth-

“You can’t win unless you try to win, but you can lose by trying not to lose.”

― Jack Campbell, Relentless​

It would be neat if you spent more time worrying about the welfare of the FOs at your place of employment.

Bushwick,

There are no FOs at my place of employment. We're all PIC's, and we're all doing just fine. Thanks for your concern.

I'm happy you've decided to get out of the flying business for a multitude of reasons. You may be one of the few XOJETers who don't know who I am on FI, but your reputation definitely precedes you. Enough said.

However, I think you've got me wrong. I want to see NJA pilots get the most they possibly can. It's good for every one of us. However, being unrealistic about the current environment does not further that cause in my opinion. I would think a 25 percent raise is very realistic and could be achieved fairly quickly. Why not take it and try again in a better economy and when pilots finally have some negotiating power? It's obviously their choice; I'm just putting it out there.

CPI increases for the next 3 years could have been IMPOSED ... BUT were not taken by the other side.

25% is much better than that . You don't think we'd have taken 25% instead of CPI ... especially when we had no choice ...? That option was available under the current cba to extend it.

I am not an negotiator but when that option was not exercised I knew they were aiming for concessions

Bushwick,

There are no FOs at my place of employment. We're all PIC's, and we're all doing just fine. Thanks for your concern.

I'm happy you've decided to get out of the flying business for a multitude of reasons. You may be one of the few XOJETers who don't know who I am on FI, but your reputation definitely precedes you. Enough said.

However, I think you've got me wrong. I want to see NJA pilots get the most they possibly can. It's good for every one of us. However, being unrealistic about the current environment does not further that cause in my opinion. I would think a 25 percent raise is very realistic and could be achieved fairly quickly. Why not take it and try again in a better economy and when pilots finally have some negotiating power? It's obviously their choice; I'm just putting it out there.

Ok got your anonymous place of employment mixed up. Woops. I guess in your eyes that leaves the door open for a personal attack. Keep thumping your chest big anonymous tough guy. Not only is there no truth to what you mention it just makes you look bad.

I'll just stick with the facts thanks. How about this one: the fact that the FO who just left today was never even given the opportunity to operate an aircraft as PIC despite thousands of hours of mentoring speaks volumes regarding the quality of that mentorship. I personally would never want to see someone's development stagnate or ruin ones profesional reputation based on rumor, notably one I had never even met.

That however is just me. Obviously not cut out for this "career."

Latest resources

Back