10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've never heard of us FORCING an owner to take a delay

You are correct -- I have never been "forced" -- threatened with bodily harm or threats to my family. Yes -- I have voluntarily and of my own free will accepted NJ's offer to fly me many many hours past my requested departure time (my only other option was not to fly NJ). So yes, you are correct.

On the other point, the head of my OS team and someone very, very, very high ranking at NJ told me that economics now does play into the equation in an attempt help keep the owners' costs down -- how nice of them. A GIV is not coming from the east coast to handle a 1 hour Excel recovery flight on the west coast. Do you also believe that due to the incredible systems in place every catering order is delivered to the plane with 100% accuracy?

I only do about 20% of my flying on GLC owners....everything else is a recovery or an upgrade, and yes I have ferried nearly 3 hrs to do recoveries. I'm guessing there are any of a number of variables involved in the decisions.

Of course it is. I'm brilliantly awesome.

Thanks for the support. We will get there. 5 naysayers on an anonymous Internet message board sometimes seem like the world is against you, but it isn't. It's just 5 people who don't realize what they are worth. You know what you call someone who doesn't know their worth? WORTHLESS.

So if NJA pilots are underpaid so much, why is attrition at 1% annually?

imac, why are you so negative? Why continue to negate the pilots trying to get better pay? It only makes for a miserable existence to have this terrible attitude. I'm one of the 495 too, but I'll gladly support anything the active guys can do to make the contract better. I'm not convinced that the 495 won't be sold down the river in one form or another, but that's a discussion for another time.

As you'll notice and I've already stated twice (maybe your reading skills aren't the best either?), the NJA pilots deserve a raise. Expecting to get more than a 100% raise though is just a pipe dream.

Fischman, We ,you,are worth 10/250 ,fight the fight,I'm one of the 495 too,dont let the depressives bring you down, go for it, you,we,are worth it. I love my current job,in fact I may never return to NJA,but I think what you are doing is brilliant. If the "realists" were listened to,Everest would never have been climbed, the Moon never obtained,and the Mets would never have won in '69, GO FOR IT !!!

Awesome post and amen! I wish all of the furloughed had this positive attitude.
I am happy that you love your current job. But , I hope that you will decide to return soon with the pay you deserve and the contract we fight for and demand. Some of the furloughed feel left in the dust and this is justified. Please know that we are unified. Both captains and first officers have each others best interest in mind. We will not sell you down the river! We only want what is best for you and your families.

Latest resources

Back