Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong...just a schedulng stooge that doesn't know how things work

Yeah... We all believe you...

Even if it were true, you have no credibility.

If you management or a scheduler, it doesn't matter. You don't understand how things work on the road either way.

Nobody is knocking the choice of one’s profession, but making a determination of one’s personal worth to mankind is self serving….and using it as a basis of setting compensation is absurd….which is what some knuckleheads are trying to do with comments that NetJets pilots are superior to other aviators and have very unique skill sets that nobody else possesses (i.e. airline, Part 91, and charter pilots). Really? I mean you actually think this way and believe it?

Arguing the point of who benefits mankind more is silly…this isn’t even close! Someone who takes care of you when you’re sick or educates your children is far more valuable to society than a person who flies an airplane, sells insurance, prepares tax returns, etc. Not to mention the relative higher worth of firefighters, policemen and women, or a highly qualified bartender.

The comment about career risks applies to most professions and is not a difference maker.

Yes, most pilots could have become successful teachers, nurses, etc…obviously a few didn’t and made the wrong choice becoming pilots and thinking everyone would marvel at their genius and back up the trucks with loads of money.

Make as much as you can…but stop with the hubris that demeans us all.

Society doesn’t guarantee you your dreams…or anything else.

Very profound...what does it mean?

It means that since you are management, your opinion is irrelevant too.

Nobody is knocking the choice of one’s profession, but making a determination of one’s personal worth to mankind is self serving….and using it as a basis of setting compensation is absurd….which is what some knuckleheads are trying to do with comments that NetJets pilots are superior to other aviators and have very unique skill sets that nobody else possesses (i.e. airline, Part 91, and charter pilots). Really? I mean you actually think this way and believe it?

Make as much as you can…but stop with the hubris that demeans us all.

No one said we were better.

What I said is, "Not everyone can do what we do." It's called supply and demand. There is about to be an incredibly small amount of pilots thanks to age 65 and the ATP minimums for the airlines, and an incredibly small amount of pilots who can do what we do well. Our business is growing. That's called demand. So yes. I believe it.

And please... You are not one of us.

It means that since you are management, your opinion is irrelevant too.

No, no my brother, it's way worse than that. It works for an union buster, hired by management. So join with me in referring to "it" as an "it". After all, why should we assign an infectious disease a gender?

No, no my brother, it's way worse than that. It works for an union buster, hired by management. So join with me in referring to "it" as an "it". After all, why should we assign an infectious disease a gender?
I don't know amigo. That seems like a dishonor we should save for a scab.

Gret:
The comment about career risks applies to most professions and is not a difference maker.

Your argument is with Adam Smith and his fair lottery theory! Not me. :crying:

I do not think most professions carry the career risks we carry.

Few if they make an error will have their actions scrutinized in the media and on message boards like you have seen on Flight Info if anyone happens to dent an airplane. Few will lose their jobs if they happen to get certain medical conditions that other people may work decades longer until retirement.

Pilots have been greatly underpaid for decades. Hopefully the tide is turning back our way....

Teachers, and many other professionals, have been underpaid for decades also. I would say that a nurse, fireman, or policeman, have greater career risks.

Serious question that I don't know the answer to...How does one determine if they are underpaid?

Teachers, and many other professionals, have been underpaid for decades also. I would say that a nurse, fireman, or policeman, have greater career risks.

Serious question that I don't know the answer to...How does one determine if they are underpaid?

Irrelevant.

Latest resources

Back