• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Walmart makes billions upon billions in revenue. I take it then, that their pilots should be making around 750K?

Sounds good to me. Now you're catching on. It's time pilots are treated like the professionals we are.

Have a good night boys. I'm done.

Nice cheerleading but mostly devoid of logic and reality.

Like I said, be sure to say thank you when we raise the bar. Many of these arguments were said in 2004. We managed to get the impossible then too.

I understand the difference between revenues versus profit. If profits are sustainable at $200 million and you increase an expense component by $260 million, you're losing money.

Assuming revenues are $2 billion, 2% is $40 million divided by 2500 pilots is $16K...not $100K.

Someone's math doesn't compute...not sure it matters anyway as it won't change the thought process.

You're looking at today's numbers. Think long term.

Like I said, be sure to say thank you when we raise the bar. Many of these arguments were said in 2004. We managed to get the impossible then too.

In 2004 NJA pilots were the laughing stock of the industry. Their big victory was to get industry average wages. Now you're thinking you're going to get a 100% raise?

Yup!!!

Am I correct in saying that imac dog is furloughed? iMac dog, i feel your pain. I, was very close to being furloughed myself, not too far from the bottom. I, can say that I have flown corporate for years before netjets. These days we are busting our butts, more than any corporate job. You say that we are in our netjets bubble but you have not been here in a few years, so who the hell are you to tell us what we go through day in and out? We are pushing for you to come back but your condescending attitude and disrespect towards fish man is disgusting and you come across as a jerk. I understand that you are frustrated but fish man is trying to fight for you, and we are trying to land an industry leading contract.

Fish man, keep up the fight brother and keep on educating.

Imac dog, what do you believe we should be paid?

As I said earlier Hopalong, the pay will be determined by the rest of the sections. You might just look at the pay section when voting, but I don't. And yes, I know the job you do. I've done it. Your contract and job description has not changed since the furlough. So there's more flying, fine, but you aren't doing stuff like managing the aircraft, working with the FAA directly to get various approvals, getting your own slots during ski season, etc. You aren't the only hard-working pilots out there.

Latest resources

Back