• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fisch, I'm furloughed. I guarantee I've gone through more crap than you have in the last few years. It's also given me perspective on the rest of the industry. Basically your posts indicate you don't know anything outside of your little world at NJA.

If you're furloughed then I'm sure you're right that you've gone through more than me.

Basically, your post indicate you never understood what a NetJets pilot is worth. I've been furloughed too before too man. This crap of underpaid pilots needs to stop NATIONWIDE. I can't control 91, 135, or 121, but I can make a difference here and now. I WILL do what I can to raise the bar for our industry.

And it is $.02 in REVENUE. Not PROFIT.

What does it matter what percentage of "REVENUE" we're talking about? Really Fisch, please go to the corporate board and let them know how you're as involved, and have as many ancillary duties as they do in their jobs. I could use the laugh.

Honestly, a bit of education for you would do a lot of good.

What does it matter what percentage of "REVENUE" we're talking about? Really Fisch, please go to the corporate board and let them know how you're as involved, and have as many ancillary duties as they do in their jobs. I could use the laugh.

Honestly, a bit of education for you would do a lot of good.

Seriously dude. Try to keep up. Go back. And re-read. Top to bottom. Left to right. Group words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs.

I'll patiently wait for you to go to the corporate board and compare what you do with what they do.

I am not a math whiz. It's on the union boards. You can read the post with the math there.

Fair enough...just trying to figure out the math, because it doesn't seem to work.

It appears the pilots want to make twice what they are making now. Assuming a stabilized pilot group of 2,500 and average current compensation of $100K, this works out to $250 million. Doubling that figure obviously is $250 million.

NetJets best year for operating profit was a red hair over $200 million, so this would indicate that the raise being asked for would create quite a loss. NetJets has had more losing years than profitable ones.

You'll be waiting a while.

Unlike you, I would try to raise the bar for everyone, where you would like to keep us down. Why you would want pilots to make less than they deserve us beyond me.

Good luck to you. Be sure to thank us when you get your raise.

Fair enough...just trying to figure out the math, because it doesn't seem to work.

It appears the pilots want to make twice what they are making now. Assuming a stabilized pilot group of 2,500 and average current compensation of $100K, this works out to $250 million. Doubling that figure obviously is $250 million.

NetJets best year for operating profit was a red hair over $200 million, so this would indicate that the raise being asked for would create quite a loss. NetJets has had more losing years than profitable ones.

It's not $.02 from every dollar of profit. It's $.02 from every dollar of revenue. Just $.02.

Remember that the company has been posting profits all while paying down over $1billion in debt. ON OPERATIONS ONLY. We are now selling planes again.

I understand the difference between revenues versus profit. If profits are sustainable at $200 million and you increase an expense component by $260 million, you're losing money.

Assuming revenues are $2 billion, 2% is $40 million divided by 2500 pilots is $16K...not $100K.

Someone's math doesn't compute...not sure it matters anyway as it won't change the thought process.

It's not $.02 from every dollar of profit. It's $.02 from every dollar of revenue. Just $.02.

Remember that the company has been posting profits all while paying down over $1billion in debt. ON OPERATIONS ONLY. We are now selling planes again.

Walmart makes billions upon billions in revenue. I take it then, that their pilots should be making around 750K?

Latest resources

Back