10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is kind of a pointless argument

On one side are the pilots who are in the trenches being overworked and yes underpaid.. But doing the rah rah " max pay til the last day or burn this MF down" cheerleading..

On the other are guys on the outside who are trying to figure out how NJASAP plans to nearly double the salary...( without taking a concession on any other portion of the contract) during a time of severely reduced a/c and with pilots still on furlough..

We all know the company is not just gonna cough up pay increases..... And we all know that no negotiation is one sided, so the two sides will meet somewhere between the two desires....

Like I said, pointless......, when the negotiators deem a acceptable agreement is reached they will present it for vote.. There will be the guys who vote NO just on principle, and the will be those who are too scared to vote NO... Then there will be those who actually become informed and knowledgable about what is in the TA, and make an informed decision.. ( the realists)

The company is not gonna get their desire to reduce pilot costs, and the Pilots are not gonna get $250K without giving up a lot in other sections....

Every negotiation goes through the same steps, we hear the same rah rah cheerleading over and over, and in the end sometimes it's a win sometimes not.... But no group is ever 100% satisfied...

Same story different company...NJa is no different, it was a good company to work for, but not that much different than any other company...

No dog left in the fight, but still follow NJA closely.. I do have a number in mind that I would deem acceptable... I personally believe the major airline captains, who make the $250K type money, should be the highest paid....

Btw I was at Comair over a decade ago through F.Butrells hair cut party, so as you can imagine I do know the shenanigans management will attempt... I got the t-shirt

Last edited:
A majority of them are surprisingly satisfied....which is good on face value,

All owners I know a very satisfied with the pilots. I think many of them will not complain to the pilots about problems and issues the owners are having with operations. My guess is all newcomers to private aviation are ecstatic (as we all once were). However, longer owners of NJ shares see the service as inferior to what it once was. It is all about expectations -- when these are incredibly great and responsive (a 100 on a scale), getting a mere 96 while still great is a step down. The real test of owners' sentiment is where their private aviation dollars are going -- and the "net flow" of these dollars is not into NJ. I have also pointed out before how various departments at NJ can "play" with their numbers to make their department look better and management then uses the same numbers to show how wonderful things are -- but so far from reality.

The old NJ culture was do whatever it takes to get an owner where they expect to be on time or as close to it. That is no longer the culture. I have had quite a number of flights (some in the past year, and this has happened to others I know) where operations decides it is better to give the owner the contractual credit for a late flight (capped at 2 hours in the last few years of contracts -- but it did not used to be capped) than actually bring in a recovery aircraft (which may be larger) or use sell off. While that may save NJ $$, it does not make for happy owners. This is especially true as sales uses the "depth" of the NJ and EJM fleets for recovery purposes as one of the major reasons to use NJ and not a competitor.

NJA Owner,

We appreciate your business and your concerns should be addressed. We would be so appreciative and grateful if you would write a letter to Warren Buffet explaining your frustration along with other owner friends of yours. We also take notice of the culture change and it is not for the better. I believe that if Mr. Buffet knew what is really going on behind the scenes, he would make a drastic change for the better.

Warrens philosophy has always been safety first, and give our owners the best
of the best. He even states, quoted by Richard Santulli, "Safety first, I don't care what it costs."

I would like to share with you that as an aviator for netjets, there are times that I worry about paying my bills. Do you realize that on a 7 on 7 off schedule, I gross after 8 years of service, less than $80,000 per year. I have been flying since I was 15 years old. I went to college, earned a bachelors degree, went to flight school, paid $25,000 for it. I worked flight instructing for a year, flew cargo for 2 years. I have worked flying professionally, mostly corporate, for more than fifteen years. Friends of mine have a nine to five job making much more money and they get to see their families every day. We do not. We are away from our families in a strange bed for half of the year. We miss birthdays, mothers day, fathers day, thanksgivings, christmas', easters, halloweens, school plays etc..
We are not complaining, but pointing out the facts. We are highly competent, and our average new hire far exceeds the airline minimum hours.

Aren't we worth top pay for our experience and skill set? Would you prefer to have a low time pilot with less experience flying you and your family? Personally, I wouldn't if given the choice. However, I have no choice but to fly on low cost carriers because of my meager wages. I would be infuriated if I were you to know that your pilots may be in the cockpit worrying about bills. Peace of mind equals safety, period....

I would encourage you to write a letter for CHANGE.... I appreciate your sentiment for our pilot group and we appreciate your business. Afterall, you pay our salary, and for that, we thank you... I would hope that the company would not pass on our wage increase to you. You deserve the "best of the best" and we hope that you will be patient with all of us during this negotaiating time. We will try to provide you with exceptional service, even though our current leadership is lacking in leading by example.

Please let us know if you will be willing to write such a letter because your one voice is more powerful than the entirety of our pilot workforce. Thank you kindly...

Last edited:
Your request to NJAOwner should make every swinging d!ck cringe. Real men don't beg, cry, or complain...

Warren has already been sought out for support of his workers...see link below. He wouldn't help out coal miners making $52K a year..so I doubt he will jump at the chance to pay pilots making $80K and up more.

If he were to answer it should/would be..."sure, let's give them more money...how much do you, as a client, want to kick in to help these poor overworked boys out?"

Buffett considers NetJets one of his worst investments ever in case you didn't know.

gret,

First and foremost, I totally understand your anger and frustration! You are PISSED and rightly so! Let me guess why you are angry. Shall we? I can not speak for you but I will tell you why I am angry. I am pissed that I was under the delusion in my teens and twenties that a pilots salary would be equivalent to an attorney or surgeon. I am pissed that my kids cry when I leave for a seven day tour. I am pissed that my wife has to hold down the fort and work while I am gone because my income alone is not sustainable. I am pissed that I have to present a happy face to our owners and pretend that "life is good."I am pissed that we have fellow brothers and sisters, STILL FURLOUGHED while we sell off and piss off owners. I am pissed that our brand of luxury may be destroyed because of poor leadership. I am pissed that we have PISSED OFF OWNERS!!!!!!!

I read the article you suggested. I feel your pain brother and I am in the same fight along side you. You may conclude that I am not a real man. May be, you are right.... I cry, I beg, and I do complain...

However, my family means the WORLD to me. If I need to cry, beg, borrow and be a donkeys behind to insure my girls futures, it is what I will do. Please do not cringe because I am imploring the help of an NJA owner. He came to flightinfo.com and joined because he is most likely interested in aviation. Why not ask for help in our time of need????

I, personally love making people happy and go out of my way to deliver exceptional service. If I am not paid accordingly, I will take my superior set of skills and service elsewhere and I hope you will do the same gret....

Last edited:
I, personally love making people happy and go out of my way to deliver exceptional service. If I am not paid accordingly, I will take my superior set of skills and service elsewhere and I hope you will do the same gret....

+1... I really enjoy the type of flying we do and the ability to make things happen for our owners. Unfortunately when the call comes I will not think twice about moving on. "It is what it is."

Of course you're netjets, however, many of your pilots come from the regionals. There could be hiring announced tomorrow and thousands of qualified regional pilots, many of whom wont be hired by the major airlines or don't desire to work there, would line up to apply. Heck, most would still do so if the pay were 75% of what it currently is.
Unfortunately, management understands this. It's called leverage.

That's the weakest hand of leverage possible.

This operation will studder or suffer the worst possible fate playing that hand.

Headlines. Bad ones.

That's no game to play or win.

Here's my guess...
Anyone that believes this 10/250 idea is real has been punked!

No one can believe their own press enough to think they "deserve" that much for so little, except maybe Bieber.

Don't mistake your lack of self worth for mine please.

And thank you.

Don't mistake your lack of self worth for mine please.

And thank you.

I always figured you had loads of self worth...:rolleyes:

Was that a misplaced modifier or a dangling participle? Doc Bayless would be mortified....

I keed, I keed

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back