• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm. 78 million was Southwests 4th quarter profit. 480 million for the year of 2012.

You also need to look at net, and pre tax profit.

We do need a significant raise though, I agree.

And there ya go.

10/250 is a delusional pipe dream. A more than 100% raise just isn't going to happen. A raise is in order though.

10/250 is a delusional pipe dream. A more than 100% raise just isn't going to happen. A raise is in order though.

Here's yer sign...

The only reason it is a pipe dream is if you are too stupid to vote yes on anything less.

Who are our peers? 91 operators? No. 135 operators? No. 121 operators? No. Other 91k operators? None of them are close to us, so... No. We are our own entity in the industry and define what we are by our actions. You want to set the bar low? Vote yes for $150,000.

10/250 is not a pipe dream.

What is pie in the sky then? 140k 180k 210k 300k Or is -5% about right.

Company in 5 years wants 125k
Us 250k

Do we split the difference and ask for 180k now and stop the talking and vote?

Ps. Njaowner. I'm sorry this is going on.

I agree, but what if our employer can't compete? We will lose our jobs in that case, while being SO glad we were paid what we were worth. I hope I am wrong, but an Industry Leading Contract would make me very nervous.

Can't compete? Seriously? What competition? Avantair? CitationAir? Flex and FLOPS are only 30% of the market share.

Someone get his man-card.

Here's yer sign...

The only reason it is a pipe dream is if you are too stupid to vote yes on anything less.

Who are our peers? 91 operators? No. 135 operators? No. 121 operators? No. Other 91k operators? None of them are close to us, so... No. We are our own entity in the industry and define what we are by our actions. You want to set the bar low? Vote yes for $150,000.

10/250 is not a pipe dream.

LOL, alright.

Ps. Njaowner. I'm sorry this is going on.

Don't apologize for the actions of a CEO who will be long gone before the next CBA much less most of our retirement. We continue to do our job in spite of him, thus the high approval ratings for the pilots and FAs.

If you've read my posts, you know I feel the NJA pilots, all pilots really, are worth good money for their work. There does come a time though when it goes from pride and worth, to stupid. This is one of those times.

Latest resources

Back