• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XO Jet Hawkers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering why XO went with the Hawkers when both Netjets and Flight Options started to sell them off due to high MX costs of parts.

I was wondering why XO went with the Hawkers when both Netjets and Flight Options started to sell them off due to high MX costs of parts.

Xo is 68ing the hawkers.

Many thought they were a bad idea from the beginning if for no other reason than the marketing implications of taking NJA's hand-me-downs. I just hope they find room for everyone in the other fleets.

No official word yet, but all indications are the Hawker fleet is in disposal. It also looks like the pilots are being absorbed into the other fleets. 5 start C750 initial training next week. 3 have transitioned over to the Shuttle operation as well...more to follow

Not that facts should ever get in the way of FlightInfo posts, but cldfsr the XOJet X flett in much younger than NJA. Based upon a a rough look of the FAA database, NJA has old 6 X's that are model year 2204 or newer (representing 10% of the 59 X's I found registered to NJA), vs. 11 XOJets of the same age repreenting 53% of its fleet. IN fact 84% of NJA's fleet is 2002 or older (17 2002s, 15 2001s, 9 2000s, and 9 from last century). Once upon a time NJA advertised it had the newest fleet in the business but that was a long time ago.

And be careful of what you say, becuase just a few months before XOJet repainted and refurbished them, NJ was flying them beat up, unrefurbished, in what ever condition they were in, but charged premium prices for it, and told and billed owners for refubishing the jets every 3-4 years but sytretched that to 8 years.

Sounds like Netjets is on your poop list...

In about 3 years time XOJET will be on that list as well. I promise you

Sounds like repainting and refurbishing can't polish an old turd, eh NJAOwner?

No official word yet, but all indications are the Hawker fleet is in disposal. It also looks like the pilots are being absorbed into the other fleets. 5 start C750 initial training next week. 3 have transitioned over to the Shuttle operation as well...more to follow

This is now confirmed. No jobs lost. All Hawker pilots have seats in the other fleets.

No explanation for the change in direction. However it's not hard to figure that out, with as much as they were down for mx.

Latest resources

Back