Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
I was curious what avionics the Hawkers at XO Jet have up front. Can any XO guys answer?

I was curious what avionics the Hawkers at XO Jet have up front. Can any XO guys answer?

They have the old Honeywell avionics because many of their Hawkers came from NJ. We sold off our old high time 800s that were starting to have lots of mx issues.

We did the same with dozen+ Citation X that XO jet bought.

An interesting story I heard about 6 months ago was an XO "X" had to do an emergency landing in New Mexico(?) due to an electrical problem. Another X was ferried in to pick up the pax, but that plane went down for maintenance when they landed. So a third X was brought in. Hope those weren't NJ's beat up hand-me-downs that XO jet painted and refurbished and then turned around a charted them out at a bargain basement prices.

Age of Xs

Not that facts should ever get in the way of FlightInfo posts, but cldfsr the XOJet X flett in much younger than NJA. Based upon a a rough look of the FAA database, NJA has old 6 X's that are model year 2204 or newer (representing 10% of the 59 X's I found registered to NJA), vs. 11 XOJets of the same age repreenting 53% of its fleet. IN fact 84% of NJA's fleet is 2002 or older (17 2002s, 15 2001s, 9 2000s, and 9 from last century). Once upon a time NJA advertised it had the newest fleet in the business but that was a long time ago.

And be careful of what you say, becuase just a few months before XOJet repainted and refurbished them, NJ was flying them beat up, unrefurbished, in what ever condition they were in, but charged premium prices for it, and told and billed owners for refubishing the jets every 3-4 years but sytretched that to 8 years.

Not that facts should ever get in the way of FlightInfo posts, but cldfsr the XOJet X flett in much younger than NJA. Based upon a a rough look of the FAA database, NJA has old 6 X's that are model year 2204 or newer (representing 10% of the 59 X's I found registered to NJA), vs. 11 XOJets of the same age repreenting 53% of its fleet. IN fact 84% of NJA's fleet is 2002 or older (17 2002s, 15 2001s, 9 2000s, and 9 from last century). Once upon a time NJA advertised it had the newest fleet in the business but that was a long time ago.

And be careful of what you say, becuase just a few months before XOJet repainted and refurbished them, NJ was flying them beat up, unrefurbished, in what ever condition they were in, but charged premium prices for it, and told and billed owners for refubishing the jets every 3-4 years but sytretched that to 8 years.

Damn dog! That’s harsh!

Don't ask the proline guys! Ask about the 2 they have parked!

The HS125 fleet is often parked on non peak days because it is cheaper to have them sit than to fly a crappy FRG-BED trip. The Hawkers were purchased to take the short range stuff off the 300's and the X's and free them up for transcons.

We get it already, you don't like NJA. Time to learn a new song.

Latest resources

Back