• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would NetJets Strike If...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok. I'll take the hook. Could someone step up and answer the dam question. It seems legitimate to me. Not being a union member I may be missing out on what the "brotherhood" is about. Does it mean that you have to be condenscending and snide? Have you dues paying brothers lost your consideration toward other? Oh! By the way. If one frax does strike and say all under the Brotherhood strikes as well, do you expect me, Mr. 135 pilot, to buy you a cup of coffee too? So a simple yes or no to the opening question would be the considerate thing to do. Bashing the guy for asking just doesn't make much sense to me. Besides. It seems to pose a new subject for all the Frax.

AJ

Lonestar,
If you knew more about Bogart, you would probably join in a the snide comments. Believe me he deserves everything he gets and then some.

What would YOU do if you happen to meet a striking Fractional pilot as you're entering an FBO?

I would look at them and feel sorry that they are losing out on a good salary for their families because they choose to fight a losing battle with managment by participating in a union. I'll just smile, keep on flying and collect my salary!

Oh plleeeaasssseee, Bogart....:rolleyes: Obviously, if the frac pilots had a good salary they wouldn't be on strike. Not to mention that the pilots with the best deal in the fractional industry are the 1108 Union pilots.

You know something Bogey, I kind of expected that answer from you. Its the pilot's fault and management is not to blame.

The guy is on strike because he obviously enjoys it.....NOT

He's on strike because he wants to stand up for himself....amongst other things, its a matter of pride and self respect.

I guess you wouldn't know too much about that. I remember seeing guys that have the same philosophy when walking the picket line in PHL back in 1989 for Eastern. They were in uniform....but they were going to work.

Oh plleeeaasssseee, Bogart....:rolleyes: Obviously, if the frac pilots had a good salary they wouldn't be on strike. Not to mention that the pilots with the best deal in the fractional industry are the 1108 Union pilots.

Couple of points here...

1.) It's not obvious that pilots wouldn't be on strike if they had a good salary. Look at FedEx pilots this past Feb. They didn't strike but they were doing the informational picketing in Mem. Already argued in this thread as a precursor to a strike. (prior to NMB cool off and release). My point is that no matter how much you make you want more.

2.) For the life of me I don't know how you would define "struck work" in the frac business. At airlines it's defined as the routes (city pairs) that the striking airline flew prior to the strike that you did not. ie, if your airline flew DEN to LAX prior to the strike you would continue to fly it. If your airline didn't then it would be flying struck work to pick it up after another airline went on strike.

Well, we don't fly city pairs. How else could you define struck work? By owners perhaps. Refuse to pick up owners that bail the striking company? 2 problems there; 1. Pilots have no way of controlling that and 2. The company has no way of doing that even if they wanted to. (Frac Companies don't share owner lists)

So, how do you define struck work in a Frac? That is the real debate to the original question. I doubt the Teamsters has an answer to that one.

Bogey is just baiting people here. He doesn't care what anybody has to say at all. I'm sure he is laughing about the stupid posts that follow his flame bait.

Bogart shows his idiocy once again in this flamebait.

To answer the question, though: if FlOps pilots went on strike, no, NJA pilots would not also strike. This is exactly the same situation if the Delta ALPA pilots went on strike, United's ALPA pilots would not. Nor would any other ALPA pilots.

The question about the definition of "struck work" in the fractionals is a good one. We would not have the same problems as the airline pilots, for the reasons glasspilot mentions. We would have very little chance of actually flying "struck work." Using FlOps as an example, if their owners came to NJA because of the strike, well, that's the goal of the strikers in the first place - to financially pressure the comany into negotiating a better deal. So no, that would not be struck work, since them coming here does not help FlOps management break the union.

Crossing "picket lines" is another issue to be dealt with. If FlOps pilots are on strike and picketing an FBO from which I am taking NJA pax, if I go to work, "crossing the line," I am still not a "scab," since I am not flying FlOps planes or owners. Again, once the owners leave the FlOps program and become NJA owners, they are no longer part of the equation.

There may be an argument that we should refuse to use any Raytheon facilities, but that's stretching it a bit, and may violate the RLA.

Since you asked.

Latest resources

Back