• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would NetJets Strike If...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think it's a stupid question at all. I know Bogie, and he was wondering, as was I, what would really happen if the situation he mentioned really happened. You can't compare ALPA with the 1108. I thought the 1108 was a tighter group. When the truckers strike, they all strike no matter what company they work for. Will this happen with all the fracs (except CS of course)? From what I read here with the 1108 and NetJets, should a strike happen with Flex or Flops (should they join the 1108), NetJets would let them on their own to fend for themselves. A bunch of union blow hards you are with no spine to stick with your union brothers and sisters. Go back to the 70's and the teamsters and see how Hoffa handled them.

It is a stupid question.

Yes if CS joins 1108 ... and goes on strike. All Teamsters will strike against CS.

Going on strike against NJ does not help striking pilots at another company. On the contrary... it would help management at that company.

I don't know Bogart from anyone else here. When I see a question that has legitimacy to it and no serious answers to follow what would you think if you were in my shoes? So what if most of the readers here don't like Bogart. I may not like him either if I took the time to research his posts. Gotta admit though. He had a good question.

The question was answered multiple times in this thread. Is english a second language?
If I were in your shoes, I'd stay away from unions. If flame baiters like HB rock your world you'd end up crossing a picket line, if it ever did come to that.

No it was a stupid question that he knew the answer to, he's been on this board for a long time and knows the deal with RLA/Mediator.

It is a stupid question.

Yes if CS joins 1108 ... and goes on strike. All Teamsters will strike against CS.

Going on strike against NJ does not help striking pilots at another company. On the contrary... it would help management at that company.

Dude, you better put out the joint and stop talking jibberish, I hope you don't have to fly soon.

[=netjetwife;1147672]RTRHD, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...;) The NJ pilots are bringing their wages up, plus they have a written contract and dedicated representation should they need it. To some that counts for a lot.

Oddly (and sadly) I didn't even think of NJI. Perhaps it is because of the perceived "us" versus "them" attitude that holds the NJI pilots aloof from lower-paid frac pilots? Do you identify with the pilots of Flex, FLOPS, NJA, etc and see them as your peers? If so, I didn't realize that. My apologies for unintentionally excluding you if you count yourself as part of their group.[/quote]

Of course I see everyone as the same. We are all just trying to get by as best we can.

Hey Gun I apologize for jumping on your post the other night. (I hate anything to do with Challengers)

Last edited:
Why no I don't... I am on vacation.

Now why don't you put down your joint, and explain to us all how Striking against NJ would support pilots striking at another company?

And if you come up with something...

... how you would propose the pilots at NJ would get RELEASED by the NLRB to strike against NJ? Do you think the NRLB would release us just because FLOPS, FJ, or CS had been released to Strike?

I will wait for your response

Hey Gun I apologize for jumping on your post the other night. (I hate anything to do with Challengers)

According to the bogus articles in BCA on NBAA convention that GV posted... Flexjets is booming and NJ is lamenting losses. So maybe I was being prescient.

Mulitiple Shares

Here's a thought regarding "struck work." An owner has multiple shares across company lines. I know of a few who have shares in both Options and NJ. Lets say they use Options (BeechJet) for the shorter domestic flights, such as ACK - HPN, but they have a Falcon with NJ for the longer flights like coast to coast or Europe.

Now, Options is on strike and they want to take the flight from ACK to HPN. Would the Falcon crew be aware of their preferece in aircraft? Probably not, but this is a very real scenerio.

More than likely, you would see NJ pilots walking the line (on their own time) in support of their fellow 1108 brothers and sisters.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
You know Lonestar, I bet you would like me. You're seeing what I'm seeing in this post, the NJ people will preach their mighty 1108, but their not willing to stand up for their brothers and sisters of the 1108 (should they decide to join). As long as everything is going smoothly, the union is great, but don't let things go south because then Flex and/Flops will be on thier own. Sounds like you don't have a very strong union, or puppets from NJ involved in the union to make it worth while. Alot of hot air from the NetJet and 1108 group.

Easy there, Bogart. I'm not defending you or your ideas. You had a very good question. No one wanted to answer until NJWife finally did along with a few others after her post. Somehow I get bashed for wanting to know the answer to your question. It does pose another question. If one frax were to strike and the others didn't (All under the 1108) wouldn't the others be line crossers? Here is my thought. Some contract owners have multiple contracts or ownerships in the frax. ie. One guy may have a fraction ownership at NJA and also at Flex. NJA strikes. Owner calls Flex. Gets his ride with Flex. Does everyone see the picture I am painting? This is by no means flamebaiting. This is a real situation that may happen. Or, in my case. If a frax strikes and they need owners moved. They call their network of 135's. Are you guys gonna call me a line crosser even though I am not in your union? I know this has been partially answered as a "No" but really. What will you say to me when I fly one of your owners when you are striking?

The question was answered multiple times in this thread. Is english a second language?
If I were in your shoes, I'd stay away from unions. If flame baiters like HB rock your world you'd end up crossing a picket line, if it ever did come to that.

No it was a stupid question that he knew the answer to, he's been on this board for a long time and knows the deal with RLA/Mediator.

If you had read early in the thread I acknowledged the answer given. Nope. English is the first of four languages. That aside, no, it was a good question. It just happened to be from someone, it seems, no one likes. Had I posed the question I bet the responses would have been totally different. However, I had to stoop to the level of most everyone else to learn what the Union action would and should be. Yes, curiosity killed the cat. How else am I to learn what the answer is unless I ask? My fault is that I don't know much about unions. Not much need for it where I work. It is good, however, to keep myself educated as to what is going on in this industry. So bash me if you like. My skin is tough. Just remember that I'm just asking questions that can easily be answered by those who know the answers and are willing to not be condesending.

Easy there, Bogart. I'm not defending you or your ideas. You had a very good question. No one wanted to answer until NJWife finally did along with a few others after her post. Somehow I get bashed for wanting to know the answer to your question. It does pose another question. If one frax were to strike and the others didn't (All under the 1108) wouldn't the others be line crossers? Here is my thought. Some contract owners have multiple contracts or ownerships in the frax. ie. One guy may have a fraction ownership at NJA and also at Flex. NJA strikes. Owner calls Flex. Gets his ride with Flex. Does everyone see the picture I am painting? This is by no means flamebaiting. This is a real situation that may happen. Or, in my case. If a frax strikes and they need owners moved. They call their network of 135's. Are you guys gonna call me a line crosser even though I am not in your union? I know this has been partially answered as a "No" but really. What will you say to me when I fly one of your owners when you are striking?

You must have balls of stone, the majority of fractionals have halted work, picket lines everywhere, don't you think you will be remebered? Ask the Eastern scabs how well things worked out for them, and yes I know that scab only applies to Union members crossing lines, but I'm glad you have no interest in any Union shop, it just makes things easier.
We certainly couldn't hurt you at your current place of employment, hope it meets your long term goals in life. I know NJA meets mine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back