• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would NetJets Strike If...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about the Falcon 7X's going to NJE and having those folks do more trans-Atlantic and long haul flights out of Europe?

Lonestar,
If you knew more about Bogart, you would probably join in a the snide comments. Believe me he deserves everything he gets and then some.

I don't know Bogart from anyone else here. When I see a question that has legitimacy to it and no serious answers to follow what would you think if you were in my shoes? So what if most of the readers here don't like Bogart. I may not like him either if I took the time to research his posts. Gotta admit though. He had a good question.

Which is why I gave a serious answer to the best of my ability. Trying to properly define "struck work" and whether or not a pilot is crossing a picket line are issues that are decided by union leadership with the aid of lawyers versed in the RLA.

Glass, a couple of counterpoints--Bogart's question dealt specifically with Flex or FLOPS pilots, not others like FedEx. Considering that those frac groups have put up with a lot for little money I don't see them striking over work conditions or issues other than pay. You imply that people are greedy and will continue to strike for higher and higher wages. I don't think well compensated pilots would do that to their families, but I do think they might be very concerned over work rules that negatively impact their QOL or a scope issue that could allow their jobs to be taken away.

I don't doubt that answers to complicated labor issues are out there, even if they aren't apparent to those of us posting here. It's a specialty of the law and unions like the Teamsters employ those lawyers for just that reason--to answer the tough questions.

RTRHD, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...;) The NJ pilots are bringing their wages up, plus they have a written contract and dedicated representation should they need it. To some that counts for a lot.

Oddly (and sadly) I didn't even think of NJI. Perhaps it is because of the perceived "us" versus "them" attitude that holds the NJI pilots aloof from lower-paid frac pilots? Do you identify with the pilots of Flex, FLOPS, NJA, etc and see them as your peers? If so, I didn't realize that. My apologies for unintentionally excluding you if you count yourself as part of their group.

Its a stupid question.

Just as he intended it to be.

I don't think it's a stupid question at all. I know Bogie, and he was wondering, as was I, what would really happen if the situation he mentioned really happened. You can't compare ALPA with the 1108. I thought the 1108 was a tighter group. When the truckers strike, they all strike no matter what company they work for. Will this happen with all the fracs (except CS of course)? From what I read here with the 1108 and NetJets, should a strike happen with Flex or Flops (should they join the 1108), NetJets would let them on their own to fend for themselves. A bunch of union blow hards you are with no spine to stick with your union brothers and sisters. Go back to the 70's and the teamsters and see how Hoffa handled them.

Glass, a couple of counterpoints--Bogart's question dealt specifically with Flex or FLOPS pilots, not others like FedEx. Considering that those frac groups have put up with a lot for little money I don't see them striking over work conditions or issues other than pay. You imply that people are greedy and will continue to strike for higher and higher wages. I don't think well compensated pilots would do that to their families, but I do think they might be very concerned over work rules that negatively impact their QOL or a scope issue that could allow their jobs to be taken away.

You said before and you said it again, "well paid pilots won't strike". Well, what's well paid? FedEx pilots make a TON of cash. (Even compared to the leading frac company) My point was and is that THEY were picketing just 8 months ago. Are they a different breed of pilot than us? No. You have your head wrapped around some figure of pay and say that's what's fair. Well, what if your company paid 300,000 per year in the left seat and 225,000 in the right. And at the same time the company was making money hand over fist. They couldn't burn it fast enough. All managers were high six figures, upper level managers were 1.3mil or more and all officers were over 2.3 mill per year. Trust me, the pilots would want their share....just like FedEx pilots. You need to get your preconceived notion of what "fair wage" is cause it's based on nothing.

I don't know Bogart from anyone else here. When I see a question that has legitimacy to it and no serious answers to follow what would you think if you were in my shoes? So what if most of the readers here don't like Bogart. Gotta admit though. He had a good question.

You know Lonestar, I bet you would like me. You're seeing what I'm seeing in this post, the NJ people will preach their mighty 1108, but their not willing to stand up for their brothers and sisters of the 1108 (should they decide to join). As long as everything is going smoothly, the union is great, but don't let things go south because then Flex and/Flops will be on thier own. Sounds like you don't have a very strong union, or puppets from NJ involved in the union to make it worth while. Alot of hot air from the NetJet and 1108 group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back