Wings Air @ LZU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G-force

With regard to Wings Air at Lawrenceville Gwinnet County airport,LZU.This another place to STAY FAR AWAY from as possible!!!They use the "Bushwood" call sign on the radio,fly PA-31Navajo Panther aircraft,which are loaded with SQUAWKS,since the MX Dept is woefully understaffed,mgmt is INCOMPETENT and UNPROFFESSIONAL as they can be!!
If a captain is told to get a hotel room near ATL,but instead drives to their home in Lawrenceville,they FIRE not just the captain,but also the FO,who had done nothing wrong!!If a captain has to fly a MISSED APPROACH at AHN because 200 & 1/2 minimums,you still cannot see the runway environment,they fire that captain!!!
All of the GPS data bases in Wings Air aircraft are atleast 6 mo. out of date and many are 12 mos. or more out of date!!! This means no GPS approaches or IFR use for enroute nav either!!!What ever happened to ADHERENCE to FAR's?? It is better to NOT get VIOLATED than to work for this outfit!!!!

This formerly was an ON-DEMAND PT. 135 operation trying to go PT.135 SCHEDULED OPS.
Their current routes are AHN-ATL,MCN-ATL.

Last edited:
Who's running the place?

Bushwood. That's such a pleasant call sign, I wonder how long it took to come up with that one.

I live right by LZU... I wonder if I could jumpseat on them to work.

Sure would save some time... worth risking your life over, right? :)

Latest resources

Back