• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Wings Air @ LZU

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
With regard to Wings Air at Lawrenceville Gwinnet County airport,LZU.This another place to STAY FAR AWAY from as possible!!!They use the "Bushwood" call sign on the radio,fly PA-31Navajo Panther aircraft,which are loaded with SQUAWKS,since the MX Dept is woefully understaffed,mgmt is INCOMPETENT and UNPROFFESSIONAL as they can be!!
If a captain is told to get a hotel room near ATL,but instead drives to their home in Lawrenceville,they FIRE not just the captain,but also the FO,who had done nothing wrong!!If a captain has to fly a MISSED APPROACH at AHN because 200 & 1/2 minimums,you still cannot see the runway environment,they fire that captain!!!
All of the GPS data bases in Wings Air aircraft are atleast 6 mo. out of date and many are 12 mos. or more out of date!!! This means no GPS approaches or IFR use for enroute nav either!!!What ever happened to ADHERENCE to FAR's?? It is better to NOT get VIOLATED than to work for this outfit!!!!

This formerly was an ON-DEMAND PT. 135 operation trying to go PT.135 SCHEDULED OPS.
Their current routes are AHN-ATL,MCN-ATL.

Last edited:

captainv

Total Time
Who's running the place?

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
If they are violating regs, why flightinfo.com and not the FAA?

-Brett

CX880

Total Time
Bushwood. That's such a pleasant call sign, I wonder how long it took to come up with that one.

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
I live right by LZU... I wonder if I could jumpseat on them to work.

Sure would save some time... worth risking your life over, right? :)

climbhappy

ex pat
Total Time
If a captain has to fly a missed approach at AHN because of 200 1/2, you still cannot see the runway, they fire that captain

questions:
could you not see the runway?
were you that captain?
did you drive to Lawrenceville?
if the mins are 200 1/2 , you get in..it's that simple.
don't be looking up and cheating.flythe approach and at mins look up, if you see the rabbit, drop another 100, you're in.what's the problem?

BTW, there is no FO in a navajo. only a beatch!!

jaxpilot

Total Time
3000+
Talked with their Chief Pilot about a job when I was furloughed. SM are his initials. He said pay was 32k per year as captain and schedule was like 4 on then 2 or 3 off couldnt remember. No RONs. He seemed like a good guy on the phone anyways.

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
You gotta be ready to walk AWAY from those jobs!

No problem

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
Not There Anymore!!!

Talked with their Chief Pilot about a job when I was furloughed. SM are his initials. He said pay was 32k per year as captain and schedule was like 4 on then 2 or 3 off couldnt remember. No RONs. He seemed like a good guy on the phone anyways.

Sorry,the guy your are referring to was FIRED!!!!They have a NEW CHIEF PILOT!!!

Last edited:

crj567

New CP=Betty Page

-Git-er-done!!