• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you're saying that your M&A Committee rep has told you that SWA will try to keep the operations separate if you don't get your way on SLI?

I didn't read his post as saying that. I read it as he has talked to his union guys and they told him that what the AirTran guys are saying on this message board is not accurate. i doubt anyone would make a statement like what you suggest. Just my opinion.

*Ding* Fresh batch of popcorn. A little salt...butter...perfection.

Some of you need to skim over the entire thread and ask yourselves:

What have I gained by arguing over menal menutia with people that may or may not be associated with either airline? Why am I falling for stupid rumors and flamebait? Do I sound like a complete pompous assh0le while doing it?

If you answered "yes" to the last quetion you may be a Southwest pilot. ;-)

I keed! I keed!

So you are telling us that ALPA is telling you that this is all a farce and can't possibly happen?

Yes, I'm telling you that our contract does not allow for SWA to keep the operations separate for longer than 18 months after the date of corporate closing (assuming the TA passes, which I'm sure that it will).

Ii doubt anyone would make a statement like what you suggest. Just my opinion.

All you have to do is go back and read this thread, and you'll see plenty of SWA pilots making those exact statements, as absurd as they are.

PapaW, Tweet-a-Lishus, or whatever you want to call yourself today, you might want to read that merger agreement that you didn't even know existed until I pointed you to it. I suggest that you read sections 3, 5, and 6, as well as the definition of "Effective Time" in section 1. You might learn something.

Yes, I'm telling you that our contract does not allow for SWA to keep the operations separate for longer than 18 months after the date of corporate closing (assuming the TA passes, which I'm sure that it will).

So if SWA spins off 51% of Guadalupe Holdings where do you go?

Gup

I think SWA has a 24 month limit unless they agree to extend it. So, according to you your contract would be the binding deal on how long SWA can operate 2 seperate companies.

Once the 18 months pass the deal is over? Is that correct? Even though SWAPA syas it is ok to go 24 months.

Seriously, you guys should really take the time to read the merger agreement. It's not that long, and it contains a lot of information that will help you guys understand how this transaction will actually work. For example, Gup, it might interest you to know that Guadalupe Holdings will not even exist after the effective date of the merger. SWA will immediately cause the merger of AirTran Holdings and Guadalupe Holdings, and AirTran will be the surviving corporation. There is a lot more information about what happens after that, as well. It's all available right in the merger agreement, which no one here has apparently read before making all kinds of declarative statements about what will and could happen. Just read the danged thing.

I think SWA has a 24 month limit unless they agree to extend it. So, according to you your contract would be the binding deal on how long SWA can operate 2 seperate companies.

Once the 18 months pass the deal is over? Is that correct? Even though SWAPA syas it is ok to go 24 months.

The more restrictive agreement would be binding in this case, which would be the 18 month limitation in our CBA, unless ALPA were to agree to extend that limit, which would require membership ratification.

Latest resources

Back