Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Moderator hat on:

If this thread doesn't calm down, I'm going to lock it.

Kharma, I know Gozinya's screen name is pretty obvious to what the first word is supposed to be, but that's a prohibited word here. The only reason I'm leaving your post up is that you're apologizing and explaining and I have no way to edit the post without completely deleting it...

Everyone just CHILL... I'm serious, trying to stay hands-off with the moderating but if this doesn't calm down and go back to respectful discussion, I'm gonna lock the thread and put a 7-10 day moratorium on ANY SLI discussion on the board until people can cool off.

/mod

Really?

I think a 50% pay raise and better work rules is a better "textbook" example of a windfall.

Then you don't grasp the meaning of the word "windfall", at least in the context of SLI. A windfall involves taking something from one group and giving it to the other.

The fact the SWA has higher hourly rates does not constitute a windfall, as it is not taking anything from SWA pilots.

After 20+ pages, none of the SWA pilots on this thread has really explained why they feel so put out by relative seniority.

If you are, say, at 30% on the SWA list right now, and would be at 30% on the combined list, what harm have you suffered? How has your QoL been affected? You are still right where you were.

As for the senior FO's at SWA, if you were at 60% on your list, and were at 60% of the combined list, how have you suffered?

Ty,

You say "relative seniority" again and I will say "staple" or even "preferential interview".

Give it a rest. It won't happen and you know it.

one AirTran CA were to lose his seat to a SWA FO

It will happen. And it will STILL be a raise. FACT.

Calm down, deep breath mental masturbators. I have an opinion. Lear has an opinion. We all have an opinion. And there's probably 5000+ of us that are super passionate about that opinion- but it very very fruitless to get attached to that- that's how things like Usair east happen- uncompromising attachment to the SLI.

It really is pointless- especially when both sides could be really excited about the future if we weren't ******************************bag pilots. This will be very good for both companies.

Even if I were stapled to the bottom of the combined list (which I'm not volunteering!), the career moving forward will be very good as long as we keep taking responsibility as individuals for keeping the culture up- financially, it will be very good- you just have to see 5 years down the road-

Get too contentious- and you might have USAIR and lots of infighting in 5 years- or you can chill out and realize most of us will be a but pissed at the outcome- and move on to the growth and good things the future has for all of us

Fact:

An integration where only one side is happy is neither "fair" nor "equitable". It is going to work out just fine.

Those seniority lists come with a laundry list of items....not just a percentage number.

Relative has about the same chance as a staple!

Get too contentious- and you might have USAIR and lots of infighting in 5 years

No SWA pilot wants this.

FACT The arbitrator will be merging seniority lists, not W2s.

Yes they will. With a very long list of considerations including W2s.

After 20+ pages, none of the SWA pilots on this thread has really explained why they feel so put out by relative seniority.

Because it is not fair. We earned that seniority, AND our benefits and schedule flexibility. YOU have not. If we went by relative seniority your number 1 guy will have 19 years less longevity than our number 1 guy. How on earth do you not get that potential inequality? Our group, and many before us fought hard and sacrificed more than you can imagine to build the contract we have today. We, as a group, gave up much to give you what you will just walk into one day.

Please do not try and think this is not something that we have NOT given to you.

And yes. Welcome aboard! We have a great group of dedicated, loyal pilots that are looking forward to sharing the fruits of our efforts so we can both have long, stable careers in a really crappy industry littered with many not so fortunate.

No SWA pilot wants this.

Yes they will. With a very long list of considerations including W2s.

Because it is not fair. We earned that seniority, AND our benefits and schedule flexibility. YOU have not. If we went by relative seniority your number 1 guy will have 19 years less longevity than our number 1 guy. How on earth do you not get that potential inequality? Our group, and many before us fought hard and sacrificed more than you can imagine to build the contract we have today. We, as a group, gave up much to give you what you will just walk into one day.

Please do not try and think this is not something that we have NOT given to you.

And yes. Welcome aboard! We have a great group of dedicated, loyal pilots that are looking forward to sharing the fruits of our efforts so we can both have long, stable careers in a really crappy industry littered with many not so fortunate.

Please don't lecture my group about fighting and sacrifice. You have had pillow fights in comparison to what we have been through. You are fortunate to work for an employer that recognizes and values your contributions. What have you sacrificed and fought for?, your ANR Headsets, 123 at the hotel, no hats? You have no idea what those words mean but if you are curious, ask the moderator, he can tell you all about it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back