Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vixin, (typin on my phone, ...)
Maybe because any loss in seniority will be offset by enormous increases in career expectations, QOL, ... AAI is a fairly young group of pilots, everyone single person ontheir list (regardless of how the sli shakes up, gains $$$$). Junior swa pilots stand to gain small gains in seniorty.

Really?

I think a 50% pay raise and better work rules is a better "textbook" example of a windfall.

So, if I was put back to the right seat I would still get a 50% raise based on your pay structure? That would be cool by me (if it were true)!

And in my opinion, if one AirTran CA were to lose his seat to a SWA FO (the textbook example of a windfall, taking away from one and giving it to another) then fairness and equality will not have been achieved.

And that could easily happen also with a Southwest Captain with domicile seniority due to monthly fluctuations.

Personally, if we went direct relative seniority, I would be junior to someone who has five years less longevity than I. That would not be fair. The only person that may find that fair would be the Airtran person just ahead of me in seniority.

Just for the Airtran guys information, after talking with many of my fellow pilots, there is not one that finds relative seniority to be remotely "fair and equitable" with this acquisition. No matter what they are telling you on the jumpseat. And I can assume our union leadership knows that about us. As well as our company management.

If this is going to go smoothly so that we have a minimum of ill will, Airtran pilots will have to understand that we ALL see you getting a windfall with everything besides seniority. And the hell if we are going to give you seniority without regards to your DOH as well.

Besides the companies gates, routes and planes, (we have much, much more of the same) what does the Airtran pilot group offer the Southwest pilot group? I can tell you.

NOTHING

We are happy to give you our hard earned pay, benefits and schedules. But you are going to experience a huge resistance if you diminish the value of mine and our longevity.

So, if I was put back to the right seat I would still get a 50% raise based on your pay structure? That would be cool by me (if it were true)!

No, it wouldn't be 50% more if you get displaced. But it would still be a raise. So you would get more pay, holidays and weekends off and a far more lucrative career.

Welcome aboard!

No, it wouldn't be 50% more if you get displaced. But it would still be a raise. So you would get more pay, holidays and weekends off and a far more lucrative career.

Welcome aboard!

Very true, QOL is worth much more than money.

Hitler and Stalin? You are a real class act!

It was a joke, guy! If it takes a little thing like that to get your feathers ruffled then I don't know what to tell you. I have tried to be civil and keep it clean, sorry for the reference. Besides, nothing says class like boobs formed from punctuation marks.........

It was a joke, guy! If it takes a little thing like that to get your feathers ruffled then I don't know what to tell you. I have tried to be civil and keep it clean, sorry for the reference. Besides, nothing says class like boobs formed from punctuation marks.........

Great, moral equivalance...........a couple of punctuation marks to make a couple of boobs, to a whole pilot group who align themselves with the views of 2 of the worlds worst mass murders.

So, I take it you do work for the union since you didn't answer the question. Attacking the person who calls into question your remarks is right out of the thug handbook.

Great, moral equivalance...........a couple of punctuation marks to make a couple of boobs, to a whole pilot group who align themselves with the views of 2 of the worlds worst mass murders.

So, I take it you do work for the union since you didn't answer the question. Attacking the person who calls into question your remarks is right out of the thug handbook.

Give it a rest, Dick. I didn't compare your group to those individuals, I made a illustration to the fact you will support anyone that shares your point of view regarding a staple. Next time I will say Mickey Mouse. Again, a joke to which I already apologized.

....and no I don't work for the union, my union works for me.

Latest resources

Back