• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL, please think before you type. You just agreed with what the option GH gives SWA, the ability to divest prior to any combination.

Again, it's not GH that allows him to do that, because GH ceases to exist. AirTran is the surviving company as a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest. But still, you're right that Southwest will always have the option of divesting itself of AirTran prior to the 18 months if they so choose. To do so requires either a buyer or an IPO, of course, and it also eliminates the synergies that Gary has been telling everyone are so wonderful. In other words, it's incredibly unlikely to happen.

The more restrictive agreement would be binding in this case, which would be the 18 month limitation in our CBA, unless ALPA were to agree to extend that limit, which would require membership ratification.

I did not know that. That would be terrible for those SWA guys. I bet they thought SWA had 24 months. So their contract is useless because the Airtran contract would be the binding one. I wonder if they know that?

So, let me see if I understand what you are saying. Since your contract is more restrictive the 18 months would be the limit rather than SWA's 24 months?

Would your pay rates also be applied because they are more restrictive than SWA? I guess it would be according to you.

The more restrictive agreement would be binding in this case, which would be the 18 month limitation in our CBA, unless ALPA were to agree to extend that limit, which would require membership ratification.

This comment sums up my interest in this integration. The arrogance of this statement is astounding. To think that the company being acquired has the edge on the acquiring company is blind, blind, blind to to the facts.

What if you were to push this 18 month limit to SWA the acquiring airline? Do you really think this is the leverage you need? If you are union leadership as you try to appear, your pilots need to start praying. You are leading them done the primrose path of destruction.

Some times you need to know if your the bug, or the windshield. Which one are you?

Windfall for SWA/FO = He gets to finally upgrade

SWA/FO is gonna upgrade regardless of Tranny. He is real close now.

If you are union leadership as you try to appear

I try to appear? I've never implied that I was in the union leadership. Other people have. I'm just an AirTran pilot like every other AirTran pilot posting here at FI. The union leadership speaks for themselves through official channels.

I try to appear? I've never implied that I was in the union leadership. Other people have. I'm just an AirTran pilot like every other AirTran pilot posting here at FI. The union leadership speaks for themselves through official channels.

What a cop out. Now that everybody knows you are not as smart as you think you are saying you are just a regular pilot. Like somebody else said, the airline that is being acquired thinks they control the airline that is buying them. I think that is the statement that proved you are not the smart one you think you are.

The airtran contract is more restrictive in everything so I guess the SWA guys will be getting your contract. Will it be the old one or the new one? Probably not much difference.

Latest resources

Back