• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And with that, I think I've had my fill of this thread. The language is now there for everyone to read, so you can come to your own conclusions. I'm sure no one will have their minds changed by a thread on FI, anyway. It's like having a political argument on the internet: largely a waste of time.

You guys have fun arguing, though.

PCL,
You still don't get it. You don't get to change your contract after the fact and have it apply. Your section 1 will be thrown out if it comes down to it. Constructive notice date. Period. Dot. End.

If that wasn't the case Swapa could draw up a sideletter that requires a staple.

Thats the name the PSA pilots gave him because he is such a child. Captains regularly used to ask him if he remembered his lunchbox when showing up to the aircraft. He is a confidential nightmare. A gossip and not someone who should be representing the SWA pilot group.

I know there is a team that makes up the Merger/Acq arm of SWAPA.......but how this guy ever got keys to Pepperdine Training is incredible. Someone should have looked closely at this guys union resume and checked with people at ALPA.

When I read that he was junior rep on the SWAPA merger and acquisition team this morning I nearly choked.

Ask any PSA pilot flying for Southwest Airlines about this guys integrity and be ready for an ear full.

Last edited:
Section 1.E:

2. In the event of a transaction in which another U.S. certificated air carrier that operates aircraft with more than eighty-six (86) seats becomes an Affiliate of the Company (“merger transaction”), the surviving air carrier(s) will integrate the pre-merger flight operations no later than eighteen (18) months following the closing of the transaction subject to FAA and regulatory approval and use the following procedures to integrate the seniority lists of the two (2) air carriers (nothing in this Paragraph E. shall prevent the Company from disposing of its interest in the other air carrier prior to the merger of flight operations.)
This paragraph is exclusive to 1.D of your contract. This I interpret as if you were the acquiring carrier you would be required to have integrated the airline your "company" purchased within 18 months.

I hate to break the news to you but as this is presented, this was an item the company negotiated for its benefit, not yours.

Section 1.D is stating that if someone buys you (SWA), they must abide by your contract. Which they will until.....?????

Last edited:
PCL,
You still don't get it. You don't get to change your contract after the fact and have it apply. Your section 1 will be thrown out if it comes down to it. Constructive notice date. Period. Dot. End.

If that wasn't the case Swapa could draw up a sideletter that requires a staple.

PCL has left the building. Good night, drive safe!

Better read your own Company's web site. They will combine operations.

It will probably go to arbitration.

And, Yes if you are a First Officer now you will most likely remain one.

You have nothing to gripe about.

Dude,

Aren't you the guy who thinks AII has bigger airplanes? Get a grip!

Latest resources

Back