• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's disappointing to see the confrontational attitude by so many SWA pilots on FI, but message boards always attract the radical fringe from every pilot group.

Really? That is pretty one sided don't you think?

On top of the ridiculous flamesbait posted by some of your brethren we have draconian, one way moderating.

There is a lot to be disappointed by.

$400 million in synergies. Ya he sure will dismantle that. GK doesn't work for the pilots. He works for the share holders. He will follow the $. He decided that this was a good deal and publicly stated that the employees come with the deal. It's just that simple. Any pilot or pilot group that thinks they control this deal is disillusioned.

The gates in ATL are worth more than $400M every year. SWA doesn't need AT operating to see the $$$ so I don't think it is a concern for the investors.

Last edited:
Guy's! I like what I am seeing here. What I see is two pilot groups with a lot of pride. With that pride, let's take it to the next level and use that energy to talk about the positive side of the whole acquisition = merger. I will start with two.

1. Growth.

2. Airtran guy's and gal's get to enjoy what we have built and vice versa.

5. Tranny's hot FAs?

5. Avg 2,000 retirements coming, in the next ten years
6. Hawaii ( so some of are old guy's can enjoy before they head out door.)
7. More expansion in the Caribbean and way down south.
6. Expanding in smaller cities out west. ( By the way can the 717 make second segment climb out of ASE?)
8. Denver as a new base in the future.

Endless positive possibilities.

Latest resources

Back