• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So SWA has said they intend to keep the operations separate? And SWAPA is content to have an alter ego who flies the same equipment for a lower rate? Maybe you are right.

As long as they cannot grow it would give SWA a chance to grow. Little by little you would be eliminated. Apparently SWA can extend the 2 year fence around Airtran until they are eliminated.

SWAPA is content to have an alter ego who flies the same equipment for a lower rate?
In the SL that SWAPA is voting on is a clause that states that the ratio of SWA aircraft to AirTran aircraft will be 3.61 to 1. So that means that as long as AirTran is separate if they add 1 aircraft then SWA must add 4.

This is some really dark stuff ...

I'm sure cooler heads will prevail and we'll get something that benefits us all and lets us move forward as one group.

Well, you seem bitter enough and self rightous to be part of AA.
I'm bitter? You just don't like my truth in the message. And I don't blame you. Your labeling of self rightous is pointed at the one who brings about real possibilities that you deny to yourself. I am actually trying to help you. But you are unable to see this because of your myopic hope that your seniority is a separate issue from the extreme gains you will be experiencing. Either your big payday is going to lower your seniority or your seniority is going to go away. I only see who has the power in this transaction and it is certainly not with the Airtran pilots. Once again, blame who sold you out. Not me or anyone or anything else.

And by the way, you have won the airline lottery. Congratulations! Now don't blow it.

I can accept that we have a difference of opinion. Can you? Apparently not because you are afraid I speak the truth. And you should be. I say if this goes to arbitration you will likely have less than SWAPA will present. I really hope the best for all pilots.

I'll ask again, why are you so interested in a issue that doesn't concern you?
Is one required to be concerned to be interested?

Last edited:
The side letter will likely pass. AT has no such clause to stop SWA from growing while AT stagnates. Again, as I've said before, I do not want it to go down like this...but I hope our NC and SWA are in cahoots. The final SLI should be fair and relative/DOH is not the compromise I'm looking for.

shootr

If this is what your AT negotiating team encounters at the bargaining table, I recommend you ask for arbitration right away.

If I was an Airtran pilot and I was offered DOH for double the pay and benefits I would take that in a heart beat verses risking my future. I do respect others not feeling this way. I just don't think it wise.

How does DOH improve Craigs seniority? That's a one size fits all that doesn't fit all.

Gup

If this is what your AT negotiating team encounters at the bargaining table, I recommend you ask for arbitration right away.

There's no arbitration to ask for if something as nefarious as this occurs. Binding arbitration is only mandated if the lists are combined. There is no arbitration to force integration. Once again, I hope our NC's find common ground and can work something out (maybe with SWA's help like Delta did) that's agreeable to the AT MEC and SWAPA membership (SWAPA has to send the agreement to membership for ratification while the AT MEC can vote directly, I believe). I hope we can find a way to make as many pilots as possible happy rather that as many as possible PO'd.

Cautiously pessimistic,
shootr

Last edited:
As of October 28, SWA was saying they are active observers of the seniority integration. So they have not indicated that they will be operating as separate companies. Arbitration is something Bond/McCaskill allows since SWA is intending to run as one operation.

There's no arbitration to ask for if something as nefarious as this occurs. Binding arbitration is only mandated if the lists are combined. There is no arbitration to force integration. Once again, I hope our NC's find common ground and can work something out (maybe with SWA's help like Delta did) that's agreeable to the AT MEC and SWAPA membership (SWAPA has to send the agreement to membership for ratification while the AT MEC can vote directly, I believe). I hope we can find a way to make as many pilots as possible happy rather that as many as possible PO'd.

Cautiously pessimistic,
shootr

Better read your own Company's web site. They will combine operations.

It will probably go to arbitration.

And, Yes if you are a First Officer now you will most likely remain one.

You have nothing to gripe about.

Latest resources

Back