• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Guadalupe Holdings, which is a "wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines" owns AirTran, then it is a "covered transaction" and is covered by McCaskill-Bond, Allegheny-Mohawk, and, hopefully, common sense.

Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Hey Ty, I am not trying to stir the pot. I happen to be in the middle of the worst merger in the history of aviation myself. However, after experiencing the process you have to ask yourself why SWA is going through not ONE but TWO extra steps in this acquisition.

"The merging companies are AirTran and Guadalupe Holdings Corp., a Nevada corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines. Guadalupe will be merged into AirTran, which will then become a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines.

After the merger closes, AirTran will be merged into a new limited liability company set up as a Texas company, LLC Sub, which will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest."

Nevada corp makes some sense. But LLC Sub would seriously concern me if I was an airtran gent.

I sincerely wish nothing but the best for all involved.

Bond/McCaskill. But hey, your reality doesn't have to reflect reality if you don't want it to! It's your world baby! We're just passing through...:laugh:

I guess you didn't read the most recent court decision regarding the fact that Bond/McCaskill doesn't apply if the ORIGINAL intent of the transaction is to keep the company's seperate. This court decision is very dangeorus!

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/wisconsin/wiedce/2:2010cv00379/52921/20/

I guess you didn't read the most recent court decision regarding the fact that Bond/McCaskill doesn't apply if the ORIGINAL intent of the transaction is to keep the company's seperate. This court decision is very dangeorus!

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/wisconsin/wiedce/2:2010cv00379/52921/20/

This is not the same situation, for a number of reasons. Here's your first clue:

"After Midwest was dissolved and ceased to exist as an air carrier". ;)

Wow! All I can say is Wow!!!! You guys need to start writing books and become famous authors, that way you can live in your own reality and not have to deal with all this pent up anger, hatered and jealousy! The best part is you will make more money than any pilot!!!!

SWA $10B ---AT $1.4B ,,, fifteen minutes on FI---Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the AT pilots shut down the whole operation, how long do the gate and
routes stay with GH, and would any airline be able to pick up those assets.?

It would probably take SWA about 12 hours to pull A/C off of other city pairs to pick up all the flying in NY, BOS, ATL, etc. I wouldn't suggest to any AT guy that they contemplate "shutting the sucka down." It won't work out to their advantage not to mention it is illegal.

Everybody stay level headed and wait for our respective teams to negotiate where you fall on the combined list.

Everybody stay level headed and wait for our respective teams to negotiate where you fall on the combined list.
Which will be best for the AT pilots. I can see where arbitration is not going to be in their favor.

Start with whatever you want, but if SWAPA offers DOH, take the money and run!

Another interesting tid bit is that buying AT is only going to cost SWA 300 million. Not much to gamble with if they want to play hardball.

Last edited:
It would be ironic if after screwing the
Muse Air pilots, the Morris pilots, the ATA
Pilots and the Frontier pilots, that this attempt
To screw the AT pilots led to their downfall.

It would be ironic if after screwing the
Muse Air pilots, the Morris pilots, the ATA
Pilots and the Frontier pilots, that this attempt
To screw the AT pilots led to their downfall.

I am not up to date on how each one of those pilot groups got "screwed" by SWA. Please explain?

Also enlighten me on how this could be SWA's downfall?

Latest resources

Back