• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me double check my USAir/America West, TWA/AA crystal ball and see how your hard-core RLA windfall protection worked for them.

What else you got?

Gup

Interesting choice of examples, Gup.

I don't believe TWA/AA list ever went to arbitration, but it WAS one of the motivators for Bond/McCaskil.

The AAA/AWA went relative seniority, with limited exception. Who got the windfall?

Nu

I don't need or want your respect. You can believe anything you want. It honestly makes zero difference to me.

You can screw yourselves all you want. I don't care at all. I am only interested in the bewildering attitude that pilots typically have by the "best pay to the last day" rant they have cutting off their noses despite their faces. Pilots are historically the absolute worst business people ever. You as a group have allowed your average earnings lose 35% of their value over the last 30 years. You are your own worst enemies. And you continue to be more concerned about who someone works for (me) than the message being shared.

I know one fact Karma Police or PCL 128 whichever you want to be, airline managers use your seniority to their advantage. And you are falling into that trap right now and you don't even know it. Even when someone has carefully pointed that out to you, you can't fathom your seniority will be affected by this acquisition. You will not get relative seniority. And if this goes as you say, you
are endangered of having no seniority.

How do you know they can't get relative seniority? Have you spoken to the arbitrator?

Interesting choice of examples, Gup.

I don't believe TWA/AA list ever went to arbitration, but it WAS one of the motivators for Bond/McCaskil.

The AAA/AWA went relative seniority, with limited exception. Who got the windfall?

Nu
how many years now have they been integrated? USAIR still working under old contract and AWA still under their contract. so it seems to be working great

I don't need or want your respect. You can believe anything you want. It honestly makes zero difference to me.

You can screw yourselves all you want. I don't care at all. I am only interested in the bewildering attitude that pilots typically have by the "best pay to the last day" rant they have cutting off their noses despite their faces. Pilots are historically the absolute worst business people ever. You as a group have allowed your average earnings lose 35% of their value over the last 30 years. You are your own worst enemies. And you continue to be more concerned about who someone works for (me) than the message being shared.

I know one fact Karma Police or PCL 128 whichever you want to be, airline managers use your seniority to their advantage. And you are falling into that trap right now and you don't even know it. Even when someone has carefully pointed that out to you, you can't fathom your seniority will be affected by this acquisition. You will not get relative seniority. And if this goes as you say, you are endangered of having no seniority.

Thank you for stating the obvious with the predictable "Chicken Little" rant. You should give The Boyd Group a call, just brush up on your use of metaphors....

Just a little non-moderator-based input.

Kharma and PCL are NOT the same person. PCL is otherwise occupied this evening and likely has discussed about as much as he is likely to in this thread, anyway.

I'm still a bit perplexed by people claiming "flame bait" when the person they're accusing it of is just saying they're not concerned about some type of separate-carrier whipsaw. I'm not concerned about it, either, to tell the truth, nor are any other AAI pilots if our internal message board is any indication of ongoing sentiment.

That may be one reason why you're not hearing much from AirTran pilots on here. I mean, why debate something with someone who you are that far apart on in fundamental beliefs of the situation's reality? Kind of pointless, really, and just serves to alienate each other further. Not to say you don't have the right to feel how you do, but we have the same right to feel how we do, and discussing it just seems to be aggravating everyone with no reason.

Better off not to engage at all and just wish all of us the best of luck and hopes for a profitable future together. YMMV... :beer:

Latest resources

Back