Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our scope section was Ta months ago, back in June I think

Well, your pilot group hasn't even voted on the TA yet so I'll wager it wasn't a binding deal on Sept. 27. If it makes you feel any better about it, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Your TA language won't force a merger even if it had been in place on the 27.

It seems to me, FDJ2, that since the AAI TA was completed after the Date of Constructive Notice (Sep 27) that it will not have any bearing whatsoever on the proceedings. I could be wrong, but don't think I am. So, the only merger/acquisition provisions that will come into play on their side are the ones in their current CBA. I would have thought that such a savvy meteorologist as yourself would have known that.

Fraternally,
PapaW

Not so Woody. Your confusing separate issues. I wont get into the details, you'll learn on your on.

After all, this looks like it is not a merger.
Gary Kelly has never called it a merger. He has always said that SWA is acquiring AirTran. Looks like SWA is legally buying AirTran from Guadalupe Holdings.

Guys,

This really is pointless.

SWAPA isn't going to kick anyone to the curb/preferential interview or whatever and ATNALPA knows they aren't going to have the same seniority at SWA that they have at Airtran.

Why not have some reasonable expectations, let the process work and welcome our new coworkers? A "fair and equitable" solution is one that lets everyone move on and get to kicking butt!

You guys are going to LUV it here!

GH will be the responsible party not SWA.

Actually, under our scope language, both GH and SWA will be responsible. Any company affiliated in any way with AirTran or its holding company is bound to our scope language. That's the benefit of a holding company side letter.

It seems to me, FDJ2, that since the AAI TA was completed after the Date of Constructive Notice (Sep 27) that it will not have any bearing whatsoever on the proceedings. I could be wrong, but don't think I am.

Yep, you're wrong. The CBAs in effect on the date of corporate closing are binding. Read the merger agreement between AirTran and Southwest.

Some of you guys should really call SWAPA and ask them some of this stuff before claiming some pretty ridiculous things. SWAPA is behaving very professionally throughout this process. It's a shame that so many SWA pilots here aren't following the lead of their union.

Actually, under our scope language, both GH and SWA will be responsible. Any company affiliated in any way with AirTran or its holding company is bound to our scope language. That's the benefit of a holding company side letter.

Yep, you're wrong. The CBAs in effect on the date of corporate closing are binding. Read the merger agreement between AirTran and Southwest.

Some of you guys should really call SWAPA and ask them some of this stuff before claiming some pretty ridiculous things. SWAPA is behaving very professionally throughout this process. It's a shame that so many SWA pilots here aren't following the lead of their union.

You are so wrong. I imagine you are holding on to the language about honoring labor contracts. The point you are failing to accept is this; this deal is set up in such a way that SWA is not a party to the purchase transaction. We may be later, but that is immaterial at this point. I agree your contract will be your contract under GH.

Like I said, call your SWAPA reps. I'm sure they'll set you straight.

PCL 128, quick question no flame. Would Airtran pilots career expectations be in question because of the strike vote and no TA? Is the CBA something, I guess that might be needed to be in place before the closing? Can anybody chime in?

Latest resources

Back