• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't you NOT get paid for the dropped portion of trips after or before the actual week of vacation? Not everybody chooses to "drop" 20 or more hours to get the magical 20 days on 1 week of vaca. I know I never did. If you had 3 days off before the vacation and 3 days after, that is 2 weeks and that is plenty for me. I'm just speaking for myself, but getting paid 50 hours in a month just to get 3 weeks off was never worth it. I guess it worked different at XJT. Do you guys somehow get paid for those conflicting days you drop?

all i know is the union came into RGT pushing it really hard on us...i still didn't want it

Don't you NOT get paid for the dropped portion of trips after or before the actual week of vacation? Not everybody chooses to "drop" 20 or more hours to get the magical 20 days on 1 week of vaca. I know I never did. If you had 3 days off before the vacation and 3 days after, that is 2 weeks and that is plenty for me. I'm just speaking for myself, but getting paid 50 hours in a month just to get 3 weeks off was never worth it. I guess it worked different at XJT. Do you guys somehow get paid for those conflicting days you drop?

We get the min guarantee of 75 hours no matter how many trips were dropped. If you wish to pick up trips during your vacation it goes down as add pay. You could fly 50 hours for the month for 95+ hours of pay. We have had guys fly a full months schedule during a vacation month and credit 180 hrs. Most of us enjoy the time off but you will never lose any pay below your min guarantee.

And guess what, with ASA's PBS you will never get paid less than 75 hours in a vacation month. With the vacation bid low option, you can extend your vacation as well. You guys know nothing about the work rules that ASA pilots got, so don't assume our PBS system is on par with CAL's.

We are protected to 75 hours and can drop us much as we want. I have gotten a max of 25 days off for 1 week of vacation before. Usually its between 19-23 days off though.

And guess what, with ASA's PBS you will never get paid less than 75 hours in a vacation month. With the vacation bid low option, you can extend your vacation as well. You guys know nothing about the work rules that ASA pilots got, so don't assume our PBS system is on par with CAL's.

Unfortunately most of what XJT guys know about PBS is the crappy CAL language. Some of know that ASA has much better PBS language but is it better than what we have at XJT is the question.

Being owned by Skywest has gone to my brain. Can we make stuff better? No doubt there. However, these militant guys here would complain if they only worked one day a month. you need to understand that. Is XJT vacation better? looking over the contract, I'd say no doubt. The basic tenants of this system beat CAL's into the ground but I believe we can do better with the vacation which is the only place I saw us backing up.

So... Chill out... Let us try it out and let you guys know about it. Talk to average EV guys and not these jaded bleeding twats on this board.

Enjoying the pay raise?

-Nice to bump the ol' paycheck up just to keep the system from "being abused."

I would enjoy it while it lasts. Once people figure out how crappy their schedules will be, the number of us "jaded bleeding twats" will rise dramatically. Can't be a good thing.

Yeah-it is gonna be great! 7 days vacation and 75 hours!! AWESOME!!

I didn't want or vote for PBS.

PRIMARILY for the vacation loss. Lots of the FO's I flew with were oblivious to the whole vacation thing. They didn't care 'cause they were gonna be at Delta in a year or two and didn't have time to read the details.

Many Captains I talked to said "Since I have kids, I don't travel anyway"

The reps position was we were "abusing" the system turning 7 days off into 22, and "we don't live in an environment where we can do that anymore" "Those days are gone" (yes I was told this personally MANY times)

To the XJet guys: May ASA'ers voted yes on PBS ONLY because we were ABSOLUTELY going to have PBS whether we liked it or not. By voting it in, we were told we would be in the drivers seat and could negotiate the vendor, language, etc...If not, we would get an inferior product forced down our throats. That was probably true. I think we just caved in too easily.

Since it passed, we have discovered in incalculable amount of loopholes and loose language, not to mention the above mentioned benefit to the reps. THEY PUSHED IT HARD!!

We have just this week been hit with the first consequence from the lies our reps told us. We were sold THREE months of parallel bidding for training and to see how it works. Now we are doing 3 WEEKS instead. The association email in part said it was because they were afraid we would "forget how to use the software if it was 3 consecutive months" I think this is exactly what the future will be with PBS. Now it becomes clear why everyone that benefits is in a hurry to implement PBS. Someone above said we can try it out and if we hate it we can go back. Once it is on property, I don't think we can ever go back. They'll NEVER allow it.

Don't let this turd pass your muster. You know it suxx, we know it suxx.

Latest resources

Back