• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We definitely need you ASA guys (mostly junior ones holding lines and on reserve) to be taking notes over this PBS thing once it goes live. We could use some of that real world knowledge come contract time. I could care less how it affects the top 10% in base, I am more concerned over what it does to the other 90%.

Texan what do you mean it looks like we might win the battle with SKYW? From what I hear it is the other way around.

God bless Texas indeed!

Just saying what I'm hearing from union folks. Call your reps. And I sent you a PM regarding ASA's pbs system.

Last edited:
Papa Siera,

RELAX.
First off it's obvious you don't know shiit about PBS.
Second, quit pis$in off the ASA guys. They're buying us remember! Lets not pis$ in the pool before we test the water and give them a reason to wanna go buy staplers.
Third, there are going to be 4200 pilots to vote on a CBA. It's gonna have to be pretty sweet to get a yes vote. People are working on it. We'll get the job done and if you don't like it then vote no. Just please stop pis$ing them off. You're making it look like you're calling them idiots. We haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

If you buy this "brand scope" load, show me one example of where it has worked-ever (anywhere in the world.) Come on, Hoss-pony up!

My point is that it sounds nice, but so does communism. It is impossible.

-Never worked-never will.

Fine....Then compete with everyone else....Your choice...

Papa Siera,

RELAX.
First off it's obvious you don't know shiit about PBS.
Second, quit pis$in off the ASA guys. They're buying us remember! Lets not pis$ in the pool before we test the water and give them a reason to wanna go buy staplers.
Third, there are going to be 4200 pilots to vote on a CBA. It's gonna have to be pretty sweet to get a yes vote. People are working on it. We'll get the job done and if you don't like it then vote no. Just please stop pis$ing them off. You're making it look like you're calling them idiots. We haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

I don't belive that a staple will ever be required, or sought, but otherwise, why can't more people have the logic of this guy? Bravo, Sir, Bravo.

I don't belive that a staple will ever be required, or sought, but otherwise, why can't more people have the logic of this guy? Bravo, Sir, Bravo.

He's a very well respected guy by us as well.

I'll be honest, my post makes me look like more of a dick than I meant to be.. I went to edit it but you quoted me already. Hope you take no offense.

It's going to be a bumpy road ahead. XJT pilots as a whole largely against PBS. I've met maybe two guys in the last year that would even consider it. But this is for sure, we all need to work together.

:laugh: -- funny! glad to see this... hang in there Hoss... It will all get worked out... Wishing the best for you all... Seriously...

So you ASA boys that argue in favor of PBS, how much vacation do you get a year? My last week of vacation, I was off May 23 - June 19th with ONE WEEK of vacation, and with a few picked up BRO overnights from IAH (2 hours flying for 7.5 hours pay) I got near 90-hours pay both months... Can your PBS do that?

PBS is a concessionary bidding system, plain and simple.

Guys,

On this PBS issue... We (CAL) have PBS and for the most part 99.9 percent, it blows... But, once you have it, good luck unloading it... But, just remember, PBS is only as good as the contract that the perimeters of the computer software are written to follow. For example, our contract at CAL is so weak that our PBS software is written to follow the perimeters of the contract and it blows... If you have a strongly worded contract and with all bases covered, PBS will follow the perimeters of that said contract... It is not about PBS... It is a tool that only follows your contracts perimeters... We got screwed at CAL with a recessionary contract and thus PBS is to be considered a give back, but again, I can't emphasize this enough, it is due to the contract, not the software... Texan Aviator is right though, the guys at XJT have a much better deal... Hell, they have a better deal than we do at CAL...

Well, so far our system (contract, workrules, software) looks to be better than anything out there, but there's plenty of time in the next few months to find out.

If it sucks, I'm sure we'll be in lockstep with you guys trying to get it off property. This is actually a great opportunity to evaluate it and make improvements or even chuck it, depending how bad the company wants the merger. And like i said before. if it sucks, you will definitely hear about it.

Latest resources

Back