Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PapaSiera

Why do you guys seem so hot and heavy on PBS? In the XJT contract you can turn each 1 week of vacation into 3 weeks. So if you have 2 weeks of vacation per year, you actually get 6 weeks. We also get trips dropped for training, and for conflicts in the transition. Why wouldn't you guys want that?

The XJT pilot group is very much against PBS after what happened to the CAL pilots. They were told how great it wa going to be, and now they have probably the worst system out there. The CAL pilots are begging to have lines buit again.

Last edited:
We haven't even seen it in action and we've been through this argument before. Now chill, update your default bid, and see what your senority doesn't get you.

Are you stipulating that each of the voting pilots at Atlantic Southeast made an informed decision by ratifying the LOA?

Also, I cannot comment on the "industry leading PBS system" that management convinced the Bubba pilots in IAH, but PBS is tailored to each customer's specifications and work rules.

Are you stipulating that each of the voting pilots at Atlantic Southeast made an informed decision by ratifying the LOA?

Also, I cannot comment on the "industry leading PBS system" that management convinced the Bubba pilots in IAH, but PBS is tailored to each customer's specifications and work rules.

Ok....but you are getting 4 weeks less vacation per year. And have less days off in training months. I can't imagine why you would want that.

Lets not forget.
1. No Initial Line Improvement Window
2. No open time
3. Can't see what you are bidding on. If you are a commuter and want 4 4day trips, it could give you all 2 days and day trips.

If you are a senior guy at XJT with 4 weeks of vacation, you can turn it into 12 weeks per year. That is an entire 3 months off people!

Lets not forget.
1. No Initial Line Improvement Window
2. No open time
3. Can't see what you are bidding on. If you are a commuter and want 4 4day trips, it could give you all 2 days and day trips.

I don't disagree with you at all. Every pilot did not vote Yes for the LOA, bear that in mind.

Lemme guess, you're in the middle of a turn while the captain is over there verifying the takeoff data, putting in the flex temp that mysteriously "dropped out", and resetting the trim. Then he notices you sent it for the wrong runway and didn't enter the 7 knot tailwind. But hey, at least your facebook status is up to date:

"Wishing I was home right now drinking a beer instead of doing a walk around in Augusta!"

Latest resources

Back