• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not everyone voted yes. A lot of people were staunchly against it. But the company paid the union boys off with a 6hr day to shove it down our throats.

Lemme guess, you're in the middle of a turn while the captain is over there verifying the takeoff data, putting in the flex temp that mysteriously "dropped out", and resetting the trim. Then he notices you sent it for the wrong runway and didn't enter the 7 knot tailwind. But hey, at least your facebook status is up to date:

"Wishing I was home right now drinking a beer instead of doing a walk around in Augusta!"

Actually......I'm off today. Just not sitting at home on the computer. Sorry to disappoint.

Not everyone voted yes. A lot of people were staunchly against it. But the company paid the union boys off with a 6hr day to shove it down our throats.
And don't forget the threat from our Chris M. and the bunch that the company would shrink us into nothing if we did not sign. Way to sell out boys. As far as pbs goes if you had to have it it's a good one but the WIDE open poor language that supports it will backfire hard on us. Please XE guys demand this turd to be eliminated.

Last edited:
And don't forget the threat from our Chris M. and the bunch that the company would shrink us into nothing if we did not sign. Way to sell out boys. As far as pbs goes if you had to have it it's a good one but the WIDE open poor language that supports it will backfire hard on us. Please XE guys demand this turd to be eliminated.

Amen! Hopefully we can kill PBS with this merger. I hope the XJT MEC is stronger than the current one here at ASA. Just sit back and watch the fun. :)

I dont remember him saying this? I do remember him saying, that the company can do this already if they wanted to.

I think you guys have convinced yourself that PBS is a turd before you have even seen it in play.

Lets say it goes live,and by Jan. 2011 we ALL agree its a turd, guess what? We now know 100%, and can demand it gone or fixed before a joint CBA is signed.

Whats wrong with this?

I dont remember him saying this? I do remember him saying, that the company can do this already if they wanted to.

I think you guys have convinced yourself that PBS is a turd before you have even seen it in play.

Lets say it goes live,and by Jan. 2011 we ALL agree its a turd, guess what? We now know 100%, and can demand it gone or fixed before a joint CBA is signed.

Whats wrong with this?

So you are ok with losing 4 weeks of vacation per year? I would like to know just for clarification purposes.

Whats wrong with this?
I went to several road shows and in one of them a guy was just pressing him a little bit and he stood up and started bitching at him that if we don't take this we will be sorry. The guy asked him why he was selling it so hard and not just presenting the info for us to decide, he said it was their job to sell it to us because they thought it was in our best interest. Then I found out about the pay hours increase for them and it made more sense. Pretty arrogant and a childish outburst for which he was embarrassed for later.

I didnt lose 4 weeks of vacation and nobody else did either. I currently get paid for 3 weeks of vacation. I prettyr sure you still have the option in your bidding process to drop conflicts and other parameters, we will soon learn for sure.

I dont believe I have a RIGHT to get paid for something I'm not doing, unless I negotiate it and the company agrees to it.

This pilot group agreed to PBS.

If it turns out to be a turd then it can be renegotiated.

I didnt lose 4 weeks of vacation and nobody else did either. I currently get paid for 3 weeks of vacation. I prettyr sure you still have the option in your bidding process to drop conflicts and other parameters, we will soon learn for sure.

I dont believe I have a RIGHT to get paid for something I'm not doing, unless I negotiate it and the company agrees to it.

This pilot group agreed to PBS.

If it turns out to be a turd then it can be renegotiated.

Being owned by SKW has gone to your brain. Vacation is a huge negotiated benefit. Don't think for a min that you don't deserve it. Management is making millions. They don't feel bad about that....

Being owned by SKW has gone to your brain. Vacation is a huge negotiated benefit. Don't think for a min that you don't deserve it. Management is making millions. They don't feel bad about that....
Being owned by Skywest has gone to my brain. Can we make stuff better? No doubt there. However, these militant guys here would complain if they only worked one day a month. you need to understand that. Is XJT vacation better? looking over the contract, I'd say no doubt. The basic tenants of this system beat CAL's into the ground but I believe we can do better with the vacation which is the only place I saw us backing up.

So... Chill out... Let us try it out and let you guys know about it. Talk to average EV guys and not these jaded bleeding twats on this board.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back