Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[snip]
We also have more ability to drop trips into open time.
[snip]
Not true. You cannot drop trips into open time under the ASA PBS. You can only post part or all of your trip on the trade board. Someone has to pick it up.

Under PBS I would get more days off with my Vacation in Sept than I will with conflicting drops.
[snip]
I think you meant that you could get more days off. The old system guaranteed pilots the option to drop conflicting drops. PBS is a roll of the dice. Maybe more days, maybe less days, but nothing guaranteed.

[snip]
No more of that 105 hr guarantee BS.
[snip]
I'm not sure I'm tracking you on this. I didn't think anyone had a 105 hour guarantee. I know the Chief Pilots and maybe some training guys have high guarantee, but I thought most line guys had the standard 75 hour guarantee.
Now, if you are commenting on guys crediting 105 hours, I am still not tracking you. Why do you care if guys plus up their lines? Are you averse to people making anything over guarantee?
An argument might be made that paying guys to fly over 75 hours is not cost effective. I'm not sure about this, as there are many costs to keeping an employee on property other than paying them for extra flying. I haven't run the numbers, but I suspect that paying three guys each an extra 25 hours of pay is cheaper than the costs of hiring another employee, particularly considering such factors as insurance, 401k matching, training, simulators, line checks, Jepps, etc. Again, I haven't run the numbers, but let me know if you have. I'm interested in the math.
If you are dead set against getting paid over 75 hours, I will fly your trips. I like extra money.

Latest resources

Back