• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want that, then you need to press ALPA for "brand scope". Until then, competition remains a real and valid issue...Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make it go away. ALPA screwed the pooch on the issue of scope, and this is one of the casualties.

I want my company to make money....Makes it easier for me to bargain for what I want...Think long term....
I'll be honest, my post makes me look like more of a dick than I meant to be.. I went to edit it but you quoted me already. Hope you take no offense.

It's going to be a bumpy road ahead. XJT pilots as a whole largely against PBS. I've met maybe two guys in the last year that would even consider it. But this is for sure, we all need to work together.

I'll be honest, my post makes me look like more of a dick than I meant to be.. I went to edit it but you quoted me already. Hope you take no offense.

It's going to be a bumpy road ahead. XJT pilots as a whole largely against PBS. I've met maybe two guys in the last year that would even consider it. But one this is for sure, we all need to work together.

No offense taken here...I have thick skin. I see you are a Reagan Conservative..so am I. I welcome you to Atlantic Southeast.

As I said, I am against PBS. It is going to make life worse for me. That being said, life will still be good and I believe it is looking up here. SKYW Inc. has been good for ASA. We had it really rough here before they came. ALPA couldn't help us with our prior managements.

It's in our best interest to work together and try to become leaders in the industry.

God bless Texas!:beer:

If you want that, then you need to press ALPA for "brand scope". Until then, competition remains a real and valid issue...Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make it go away. ALPA screwed the pooch on the issue of scope, and this is one of the casualties.

I want my company to make money....Makes it easier for me to bargain for what I want...Think long term....

I am so sick of seeing you on this "brand scope" dead horse again. Give it up Joe-It will never happen again. If you think about it, "brand scope" did exist in some form back in the day. Mainlines had all their pilots on one list, doing all their own flying, and they STILL came out with a "B scale" and screwed their own-essentially laying the foundation for what have become regional airlines. Even before deregulation, this crap was going on-there is simply no way to stop it.

-Human nature always trumps "brand scope."

I am so sick of seeing you on this "brand scope" dead horse again. Give it up Joe-It will never happen again. If you think about it, "brand scope" did exist in some form back in the day. Mainlines had all their pilots on one list, doing all their own flying, and they STILL came out with a "B scale" and screwed their own-essentially laying the foundation for what have become regional airlines. Even before deregulation, this crap was going on-there is simply no way to stop it.

-Human nature always trumps "brand scope."

FINE...Then quit your whining when we have to compete for the flying..You can't have it both ways.

Either change the rules of the game, or play the game....Accepting the rules while you sit on the sideline and whine and bitch about them isn't a solution....

I'm not going to argue about not getting brand scope anymore....It isn't going to happen...I'm accepting it and moving on. Let's compete and get as much as we can then while you sit on the sidelines and cry like a baby...:crying:

CRJ567, you are an idiot....

If you buy this "brand scope" load, show me one example of where it has worked-ever (anywhere in the world.) Come on, Hoss-pony up!

My point is that it sounds nice, but so does communism. It is impossible.

-Never worked-never will.

On the PBS issue, the system and work rules we at ASA voted in are very different than anything else out there. That being said, I believe the next year is a great chance for both pilot groups to evaluate the system, keeping in mind complaints are likely to be relative to seat seniority, much as they are now.

And on another PBS matter, it's not just about vacation, or any single issue. There's integration, reserve, limited number of 4-days, etc, etc. It is not wise to get married to one single aspect of the PBS picture.

Let us at ASA finish crapping this turd. We ate the worm, so now we gotta see if it makes a floater or sinker. But don't judge it based on any airline or CAL's system or what folks have "heard" about ours.

In the end PBS may seem like a minor issue compared to the scope-bear you guys have in your contract. If that proves to be a show stopper, both groups may see pilots on the streets again, until the 65 retirement bubble pops.

We definitely need you ASA guys (mostly junior ones holding lines and on reserve) to be taking notes over this PBS thing once it goes live. We could use some of that real world knowledge come contract time. I could care less how it affects the top 10% in base, I am more concerned over what it does to the other 90%.

Texan what do you mean it looks like we might win the battle with SKYW? From what I hear it is the other way around.

God bless Texas indeed!

Latest resources

Back