Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The biggest loser I've ever flown with is myself. I remember pissing into a sandwich bag, and setting it onto the seat next to me. I went to a dark little airport, where I met a van to offload my freight. I left the pee-bag in the plane, as I hopped out to unload. When I went back to get the sack, so I could throw it out, I slipped on the wing and fell chest-first onto the pee-bag. Piss was all over my chest, the cockpit, etc. I got to fly home that way, and spent a couple hours Febreezing everything I could touch.

Being 26 years old and covered, chest down, in your own piss is one of those big loser moments.

I laughed so hard at this I almost pissed myself!

The biggest losers I've flown with?

- The flight instructor whose a$$ was so wide, I had to reach around behind her to use the elevator trim wheel in a PA28

- The Flight Team dork in college that always carried around and studied his Jane's manual so he could ace the aircraft recognition competition

- The training Capt I flew with who joked about how he intentionally stalled a Citation at 430 "to see what it felt like"

- The guy that always brought canned chicken to eat in the cockpit on long flights. That stuff stunk up the whole airplane.

- The trust fund kid I knew who bought 200 hrs. of right seat time in Twin Commander so he could get hired by a commuter.

- Any pilot who paid for his own training or bought his own type rating to get a job. We should have all nipped that in the bud years ago. I don't mind signing a contract, but paying up front is crap.

Whoo! That does feel good!

When I was flying checks, the CP was the biggest tool have flown with/for.

1. After shooting and ILS to mins in blowing snow at night with no Artificial horizon(failed 10 miles out). Place a call to the CP asking his advice. His reply ' its ok to fly you have a gps dont you' WTF. After refusing to fly it, sure enough hour and a half later he turns up with another a/c for me, and he flys the other one back to home base!

2. Fired a guy for not flying in a big ice storm. The CP does the run instead, ices up so bad he has to divert. All the couriers cancelled anyway due to the roads being too badly iced up! Looks like the pilot made the right decision... Who has egg on their face??

3. Night IMC away from home base, taxi out to the runway do my run ups. Feather check, prop cable snaps, prop feathers, engine stops. Taxi back call the CP tell him the situation. He turns up a few hours later with another a/c and a mechanic. The mechanic manipulates the governer so it is full fine. CP flies the a/c home with a an unfeatherable prop. The mechanic came with me, smart guy!

Glad I am not working there anymore!! Heard they are looking for pilots, anyone interested! haha

When I was flying checks, the CP was the biggest tool have flown with/for.

1. After shooting and ILS to mins in blowing snow at night with no Artificial horizon(failed 10 miles out). Place a call to the CP asking his advice. His reply ' its ok to fly you have a gps dont you' WTF. After refusing to fly it, sure enough hour and a half later he turns up with another a/c for me, and he flys the other one back to home base!

2. Fired a guy for not flying in a big ice storm. The CP does the run instead, ices up so bad he has to divert. All the couriers cancelled anyway due to the roads being too badly iced up! Looks like the pilot made the right decision... Who has egg on their face??

3. Night IMC away from home base, taxi out to the runway do my run ups. Feather check, prop cable snaps, prop feathers, engine stops. Taxi back call the CP tell him the situation. He turns up a few hours later with another a/c and a mechanic. The mechanic manipulates the governer so it is full fine. CP flies the a/c home with a an unfeatherable prop. The mechanic came with me, smart guy!

Glad I am not working there anymore!! Heard they are looking for pilots, anyone interested! haha

Sounds like Airnet and some of the stuff they do.

Sounds like Airnet and some of the stuff they do.

Umm, yeah, perhaps you're thinking of some other company?

It's been awhile since I flew there ('90-'93), but in the 2+ years and 2400 hrs I flew at U.S. Check (aka Airnet), not once was I ever pressured to fly or threatened with termination if I didn't fly. From the horror stories I've heard about some of these other freight outfits, I figure I was pretty lucky to fly for Airnet... no complaints at all.

Ya..that's the place.

Wasnt there a big stink a few years ago, after CASW got the TKS system installed, that CASW was pressuring their pilots to make PIREPs of severe icing, even when it was not severe, to keep other operators grounded?

Latest resources

Back