Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170Pilot said:
I consider myself to have a good sense of humor but I don't in any F'ing way see what is so funny about your avatar Wankel7.

Have some respect!
I personally think his avatar is friggin hillarious. Didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.

Sure it could be taken as disrespectful, but lighten up a little. Lifes to serious to get all wired up about stuff like this. Laugh a little.

Thumbs up Wankel! ;)

Sure it could be taken as disrespectful, but lighten up a little.
Agreed. Some of you people get wrapped around the axle over every little thing.

It's the internet, guys. Get a clue. Get a life. Get laid. Get something. Sell goofy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here. :D
Minh

Several years ago, while instructing in Philadelphia (PNE), we had this instructor who came over from the local Air Force Base flying club flight school. His job in the Airforce was driving those blue school busses.

Anyhow, the dress code for instructors was pants and a collared shirt. Typically we wore golf shirts or something. Anyway this tool would show up every day in a starched and pressed pilot's uniform, complete with captain eppaulettes. On his shirt he had a set of wings that read "US Pilot" and a matching US Pilot tie tack.

We (the rest of the instructors) roared with laughter when we first saw him, but it didn't deter him. He continued to wear it for several weeks before getting fired for doing something boneheaded (I don't remember exactly what). He was also seen in line at Dunkin Donuts one day standing in uniform, conversing loudly with someone in line about how he was a "Corporate Pilot".

He always bragged about how some day he was going to work at Cherry Air. This was back in 99 or 00. Anyone know if he ever made it there? A lanky tall black dude with a Jamaican accent?

I remember while I was still doing my Private, there was this guy who would walk around the tarmac in a military flight suit. When I'd see him around, I thought he might be some jet pilot looking to rent locally. Then one day some instructors were talking about this goofball saying how he was just an instrument student and not a good one at all. He thought he aced the written with an 80 too.

I'm42 said:
A "captain" (only usable because he was single pilot) that would sit ready reserve and when he didn't go anywhere (majority of the time) he would go down the field to wrench 172s......in his dry cleaned, well startched uniform!!....never put his mechanic suit on and never took his tie off.

This same guy (on a day off) put on his uniform to go to his townhouse association party and claimed/complained that he didn't have time to change before it started.

musta been a helluva mechanic not to get that shirt dirty...

Otto Coarsen said:
Several years ago, while instructing in Philadelphia (PNE), we had this instructor who came over from the local Air Force Base flying club flight school. His job in the Airforce was driving those blue school busses.

Anyhow, the dress code for instructors was pants and a collared shirt. Typically we wore golf shirts or something. Anyway this tool would show up every day in a starched and pressed pilot's uniform, complete with captain eppaulettes. On his shirt he had a set of wings that read "US Pilot" and a matching US Pilot tie tack.

We (the rest of the instructors) roared with laughter when we first saw him, but it didn't deter him. He continued to wear it for several weeks before getting fired for doing something boneheaded (I don't remember exactly what). He was also seen in line at Dunkin Donuts one day standing in uniform, conversing loudly with someone in line about how he was a "Corporate Pilot".

He always bragged about how some day he was going to work at Cherry Air. This was back in 99 or 00. Anyone know if he ever made it there? A lanky tall black dude with a Jamaican accent?

You have to take it easy on these type of guys. Todays junior airplane geek might be tomorrows chief pilot...the one that's interviewing YOU.

Nu

There was a guy from my BIZEX days, after every leg he had to go in and use a pay phone (no cell phone) to call his wife, and she would fly on weekends to the overnight. If space was avialible.

There was a capt that was about 40 years old and lived alone with his mother.

After being a capt. myself for awhile an FO selecting flaps without my call and stating that I would need them and should start my decent, he had about 40hours in the plane.

An FO who said he did a good preflight after watching him talk on his cell phone while stroling around the A/C

NuGuy said:
Todays junior airplane geek might be tomorrows chief pilot...the one that's interviewing YOU.

SO TRUE!

MYSELF:

because I am guilty of putting my hand on the gear handle every now and again (just to promt)

Also me because...I lived at home with my parents as a flight intructor at the age of 29, picked up a girl at a bar and said I was renting the downstairs of a house from an elderly couple ( and that my 1980 diesel rabit, in 1999 was my airport car,( only car)) just about to seal the deal in my driveway at 3am when my dad opens up the bedroom window and tells me and the girl to be quiet because your keeping your mom and me awake!!

Im not sure if Im the biggest looser or the new FO who asked me not to long ago. How long have you been with the company?...Why aren't you at SWA, JB, CON, FEX, UPS bla bla bla...I wasn't sure if I should have rung his neck or cried. After getting some composure I just said its a funny thing this airline business, you never know, just gotta keep on pluging.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back