Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATTCS said:
I can't verify this but heard a story a few years ago about someone who left either UPS or FEDEX for a pax carrier 'because he wanted to walk through the terminal in uniform.'

Strange, I want to work for UPS so I don't have to walk through the terminal in uniform. :)

PCL_128 said:
Strange, I want to work for UPS so I don't have to walk through the terminal in uniform. :)

When I was jumpseating I saw UPS pilots in the passenger terminal every Sunday, commercialing to work. In the *ugliest* uniforms known to man- it wasn't the brown uniform so much as the yellow shirt.

I'm sure the pay makes up for it, but just barely :)

OK, I had to register just so I could reply to this one. I had an SIC once who proudly takes his teddy bear with him on every flight!

I had a guy (Ray L) come work for us. Barely passed his check ride. I got very concerned and decided to ride with him on a run. In route from RIC to JQF he told me this long story about a guy landing at the wrong airport. Every single time we got a frequency change he messed it up and had to ask me! GOM requires you to write this **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** down! Then he proceeds to land at JQF without clearance. Needless to say I flew the last leg back to RDU myself, and sent Ray on his way.

Then there was this one guy (I have forgotten his initials) that tried to taxi a Seneca II with the parking brake engaged. He taxied from our ramp down to the departure end of 23R at RDU before he noticed anything wrong. He must have thought 2200 rpm for taxi was OK! Then he taxis back to our ramp.....by that time the brake pads are on fire! Well he grabs the fire extinguisher from the A/C and sprays the wheels....only the brake disks are so hot buy now (cherry red) that as soon as he stops spraying, they re-light like a trick birthday candle! Spray-flames-spray-flames-spray-flames, you get the idea...Thank god that maintenance saw what what was happening and ran out with the GIANT extinguisher (thank you Bill). The FIRST thing the pilot says after maintenance gets the fire out is "I better not get any **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** about this."

JohnnyReb said:
I had a guy (Ray L) come work for us. Barely passed his check ride. I got very concerned and decided to ride with him on a run. In route from RIC to JQF he told me this long story about a guy landing at the wrong airport. Every single time we got a frequency change he messed it up and had to ask me! GOM requires you to write this **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** down! Then he proceeds to land at JQF without clearance. Needless to say I flew the last leg back to RDU myself, and sent Ray on his way.

Then there was this one guy (I have forgotten his initials) that tried to taxi a Seneca II with the parking brake engaged. He taxied from our ramp down to the departure end of 23R at RDU before he noticed anything wrong. He must have thought 2200 rpm for taxi was OK! Then he taxis back to our ramp.....by that time the brake pads are on fire! Well he grabs the fire extinguisher from the A/C and sprays the wheels....only the brake disks are so hot buy now (cherry red) that as soon as he stops spraying, they re-light like a trick birthday candle! Spray-flames-spray-flames-spray-flames, you get the idea...Thank god that maintenance saw what what was happening and ran out with the GIANT extinguisher (thank you Bill). The FIRST thing the pilot says after maintenance gets the fire out is "I better not get any **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** about this."

Landing without clearance may score badly in the biggest loser "flown with" competition.

You may be eligible though.

Last edited:
Okay, you can all praise me for starting this thread now...... hahaha just kidding. Keep up the good work!

YGBSM said:
Landing without clearance may score badly in the biggest loser "flown with" competition.

You may be eligible though.

LOL!

You wouldn't happen to be one of the "losers" I fired over the years would you?

The American Eagle FO at DFW parading around the terminal last friday with 2 (yes TWO) cellphones and a black berry strapped on his belt, Breitling watch and starbucks... Hat cocked to the side.

Dude.. you looked like the maytag man who won the lottery. To answer your question, hell no Ive never thought of the regionals. Dont you guys make like 18,000 a year?

Didnt fly with the guy but has to be one of the biggest dingleberries Ive ever seen...

Ahh, the zombie thread returns!

Anyway, my $0.02...

Flew with a guy that would pack burned out light bulbs, so he could swap them out with the good ones at the hotel.

Flew with a guy that had more eye-boogers than a persian cat. We had to share rooms at this particular sh!tbag regional, and not only did this guy stink like a smoking room, he snored like trucks downshifting on the highway. Beyond that, he was a pretty good guy.

Flew with a guy who insisted his whole family were aliens. Not the Mexican variety, either, he had pictures of them in Lost-in-Space type spacesuits.

Flew with a guy that would drink super big-gulps of diet mountain dew, then complain when we held going into Big Metro Airport (a regular occurance).

I guess we all have stuff we do that makes us dorks (as posting on Flightinfo is clearly evidence of), but at least we recognize it for what it is. True dorks are oblivious to what makes them dorks.

Nu

ABXbooger said:
Now the best part................................

He was wearing a powder blue leisure suit, no joke. With white shoes, no joke.
All blue with a blue fabric belt and all. I think it was polyester.

What a dinner, I will never forget.

I may know this guy. If so, he wore the same blue leisure suit to his UAL interview (preferential). No, he didn't get hired.

Hobbes

Latest resources

Back