Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,
Amazing some of the unique personailities and idosyncracies they have. i've been lucky where I work to fly with some really awesome guys/gals that I've learned alot from. Not alot of time for some of the silliness that you read about in this thread flying the Mighty Beech for 7 legs a day. Flew one the other day with no VCM and a weak ACM.
Anyway, I guess you can say that I'm an "aviation-geek" to some extent, but nothing to the extent that I've read about here! I have a large collection of books that I started as a kid, and continue here and there as I can afford it. My Dad was an Air Force pilot, and I was career Navy. It would seem that some of these people are insecure about themselves and that their whole identity is what they fly or do for a living. Uniform does not a pilot make and personally I was more comfy flying a Seneca doing freight in shorts, company shirt and flipflops!

Regards

ex-Navy Rotorhead

I shudder to think of the buzz I would have missed out on had I not lit up and gone for the O2 instead.

Now THAT's funny. Probably kept your transmissions short, too - you'd start blacking out after the third word....

OK here's my go at it:

- The guy that woke up and told me to quit reading.

- The guy that told me to land on the upwind side of the runway, so the crown would help me with drift.

- The MD11 captain who was convinced the aircraft was fly-by-wire (I had to open up the avionics hole and show him the cables).

- The ASA senior captain that got a letter from the CP, commanding him to stop collecting bag carts in ATL with his uniform on between legs. He was getting 25 cents a cart or something.

- The Gemini guy that passed out in the elevator of the Seoul Holiday Inn-Mapo on New years Eve ~2001. The Koreans saw him on the security camera, went in and covered him with a blanket. The other guests just stepped over him all night.

- The Fedex guy that briefs you before the flight: if I put the checklist on the center panel, I'll talk to you. If not, sterile cockpit.

Your Da Man

exchexflyer said:
Now I don't want to start a delta connection accademy bash here...ok maybe I do, but 95% of these guys are huge losers. I told this delta connection accademy fo that I am high mins. On the second flight, he coupled the flight guidence to his side like he was going to fly. First of all, I was going to let him fly, but after he did that I was like WTF![/]QUOTE

Best **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing thing you said man....

Huck:

The checklist turning guy? He's back in the left seat and all better now. Well, better anyway. Took a long time, but if you get him, cut him some slack.
Peace, brother....

Oh, P.S... there I was last week, in the condiment aisle at Schnuck's in Bartlett, (a suburb a good half an hour from the MEM airport) and lo and behold! I run into a fully uniformed Pinnacle captain. I had to scoot out of the aisle fast before I busted up laughing. Ok, at least he didn't have the hat on.

Um guys... Leave the tie and epilauttes in the car!

Last edited:
Gutter is a tool!

I would say 40 percent of all pilots are total dorks wearing there stupid e6b watches hanging there cell phones and pagers and blackberrys and flashlights on there belts. Just love talking about flying and how they want to buy an airplane and how they play flight simulator at home. get a life. Anybody can be a pilot as long as you have enough money.

- The Gemini guy that passed out in the elevator of the Seoul Holiday Inn-Mapo on New years Eve ~2001. The Koreans saw him on the security camera, went in and covered him with a blanket. The other guests just stepped over him all night.
LMAO! :D Not really dorkish ... but someone needs to clue him that college is over.

But still ... LMAO! :D

Minh

Wow ... I knew my boss was a sweetie, but after reading some of these, I'm inclined to submit him for Sainthood. :)

I knew I had it good already ... but D@MN! :eek:

Minh

gordon24 said:
Capt. that reaches for the gear handle and sits there with his/her hand on it until you say "Gear down". I usually wait until the last possible second just to piss them off.

I had an FO do this to me last week. If I'm doing something wreckless tell me. Don't put your hand on the da#n gear handle until I say, "gear down!" I've had captains do this occasionally, but an FO? Who does he think he is?

Latest resources

Back