Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mayday911 said:
Sit down in my seat on the first leg of a 4 day. Captain turns to me and the first thing he says to me is "So, are you an avid GA pilot?". I look at him and say, "What the hell is GA?" I then recieve a tongue lashing about how I have a bad attitude because I only fly if I am getting paid for it. That 4 day I think he read every pilot, RC, model a/c magazine in the free world. And of course he had a tip for everything I was doing "wrong".

Oh, and on his days off he goes to the local grass strip and cuts the grass for free.
Sounds fine to me. If that's his favorite thing to do, then not only is he in the right career, he has a right to do as much of what makes him happy as he wants to.

My favorite, a certain captain, despised by many FOs who kept a very large self portait of himself as the screensaver on his cell phone. When asked who he admired in aviation, he unabashedly said he admired "himself" ! !

As far as the mowing the local grass strip for free...hey it's a free country, you can put images of yourself on your cell phone, or mow grass for free, whatever floats your boat! (even though I personally think one is the action of an egomaniac)....

Lilah

We have these great productivity breaks at Mesaba for like, 4 hours. The Mall of America is a 10 min train ride away and lots of crews go to the mall for food or the movies or just to get the heck out of the airport. Most don't change... but let it be known here that these folks are at work. They're not there on their day off. We have a few dorks at Mesaba, but I don't think they'd be caught dead in uniform on their day off, where fellow XJers might see them. =)

I'd have to nominate the comair guy I saw at the gorcery store a few months ago, wearing his hat in the dairy aisle. I'm ok with going to the store or something on the way home, but for crying out loud, take the darn hat off!

FO

I can't think of any, so I must be that guy LOL!!!!!!!!!

How freakin hard is it to lose the Hat, Badge, Tie, and Epaulets before you leave the airport ???

You guys are just making excuses why you wear your costume in public away from the airport.................

Now I don't want to start a delta connection accademy bash here...ok maybe I do, but 95% of these guys are huge losers. I told this delta connection accademy fo that I am high mins. On the second flight, he coupled the flight guidence to his side like he was going to fly. First of all, I was going to let him fly, but after he did that I was like WTF!

The point was he felt that everyone needed to be into flying as much as him. I am not, so therefore I got scolded. Maybe one of you is him?

flap operator said:
We have these great productivity breaks at Mesaba for like, 4 hours. The Mall of America is a 10 min train ride away and lots of crews go to the mall for food or the movies or just to get the heck out of the airport. Most don't change... but let it be known here that these folks are at work. They're not there on their day off. We have a few dorks at Mesaba, but I don't think they'd be caught dead in uniform on their day off, where fellow XJers might see them. =)

I'd have to nominate the comair guy I saw at the gorcery store a few months ago, wearing his hat in the dairy aisle. I'm ok with going to the store or something on the way home, but for crying out loud, take the darn hat off!

FO

He was probably bald!

Awesome thread!!

I would not consider the pilot in the story to follow to be a tool, just a funny old guy with more time inside the marker than I will ever have.

He is teaching me to fly the beech 99 from Reno to Winnemucca and we are unpress at 17,500. I go for the O2 mask and he says "God I hate when people use that crap, I don't like smoking around it". I put it away and he graciously offers me a pall mall nonfilter. I shudder to think of the buzz I would have missed out on had I not lit up and gone for the O2 instead.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back