Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LoL, hold up here a second...

So, 70k at WheelsUp and 14k at Great Lakes are similar HOW exactly?!?

How do you think Great Lakes got to $14,000? It's because we as pilots and an industry let it happen.

I'm done letting this happen.

Most people do not like going to work. That's why it's called "work". Otherwise people would say, "bye honey. I'm going to fun" instead of "...going to WORK."
I don't think I have ever gone to work in my life, I just have fun hanging aroudn airports, some pilots and airplanes. It gives be a reason to get out of bed every monring.

I don't think I have ever gone to work in my life, I just have fun hanging aroudn airports, some pilots and airplanes. It gives be a reason to get out of bed every monring.

So you're going to tell me when you walk out the door you say, "bye honey. I'm going to fun"???

So you're going to tell me when you walk out the door you say, "bye honey. I'm going to fun"???

I don't know what yip says to his significant other...but my wife hands me a hot cup of coffee, makes sure my fly is up, and encourages me to "bring home the bacon"...I drive off and look forward to making her happy, spending time with co-workers, and doing a good job earning my pay.

Is there any other way to live life?

Last edited:
How do you think Great Lakes got to $14,000? It's because we as pilots and an industry let it happen.

I'm done letting this happen.

I've got no problem with that sentiment, but you seem to draw the line between professional and whore at just below whatever number you're currently earning. It's disingenuous and unseemly. You, yourself, have worked for well below industry standard wages. Now that you have climbed the ladder of success, you want to pull it up behind you. You rail against those who have not yet been able realize their financial goals, and you berate those below you for doing exactly what we all had to do when we were getting started. Your ridiculous blathering about somehow price rigging a free market economy is nonsensical. You don't get to dictate what you feel should be the minimum pilot salary. The market will decide, not you.

I've got no problem with that sentiment, but you seem to draw the line between professional and whore at just below whatever number you're currently earning. It's disingenuous and unseemly. You, yourself, have worked for well below industry standard wages. Now that you have climbed the ladder of success, you want to pull it up behind you. You rail against those who have not yet been able realize their financial goals, and you berate those below you for doing exactly what we all had to do when we were getting started. Your ridiculous blathering about somehow price rigging a free market economy is nonsensical. You don't get to dictate what you feel should be the minimum pilot salary. The market will decide, not you.

Yes. I do want to pull it up behind me.

Am I being hypocritical? Possibly. Personally, I feel I made mistakes taking those jobs in the past and have learned from them. Making a mistake is ok. Repeating it is not.

Enjoy the $70k.

The smile explains it all.

Don't have to say it, been married 47 years and she knows I am going to have fun, because I am going to the airport. It explains the smile on my face.

Don't have to say it, been married 47 years and she knows I am going to have fun, because I am going to the airport. It explains the smile on my face.

Good grief...

Latest resources

Back