• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have not given anything back to the company. we are working under a contract that was democratically voted in. That's the agreement. There is no give back in it at all. What has been going on is the erosion in quality of life on the road and nothing done by our illustrious union leaders past or present to stand up to an EMT that is chipping away at everything we fought for. Now I will say in the six years since the IBB our price has dramatically risen and this definitely needs to be addressed but as for giving anything back you've been under a contract. Time to change the contract.

An airplane is an airplane. I don't care if it is a King Air, Citation, Hawker, Airbus, or Boeing.

Why some are willing to take peanuts ($70k) to do the same job is pathetic. How much does a SWA PIC make? Why is he worth more than you?

Because he moves 1,000 people in a day and a king air pilot moves 8.

Because he moves 1,000 people in a day.....

I doubt that. That's about 7 legs a day with full jets. Besides, the combined net worth of one frac owner and the hourly rate he/she pays likely exceeds the combined net worth of the trash the major air carriers haul.

I doubt that. That's about 7 legs a day with full jets. Besides, the combined net worth of one frac owner and the hourly rate he/she pays likely exceeds the combined net worth of the trash the major air carriers haul.

Then 10/250 should be a chip shot.

LOL! That is true except for those flights out of LAX carrying all the starlets! Seriously that is a such a goofy notion because the airlines fly bigger planes! Get real! Try flying in a fractional environment transitioning between controlled and uncontrolled ops, circling approaches and often into a place you have never seen and are unfamiliar with, international ops, customs, actual customer service not a half-ass announcement, mountain ops and basically just being on your own with little in the way of support other than we sent your flight release five hours ago and the weather was good then! Fractional flying is way more dynamic, challenging and demanding. We use every bit of our knowledge, skills and experience daily not subsets or routine. Frac pilots deserve to be highly compensated because they earn it!

Last edited:
LOL! That is true except for those flights out of LAX carrying all the starlets! Seriously that is a such a goofy notion because the airlines fly bigger planes! Get real! Try flying in a fractional environment transitioning between controlled and uncontrolled ops, circling approaches and often into a place you have never seen and are unfamiliar with, international ops, customs, actual customer service not a half-ass announcement, mountain ops and basically just being on your own with little in the way of support other than we sent your flight release five hours ago and the weather was good then! Fractional flying is way more dynamic, challenging and demanding. We use every bit of our knowledge, skills and experience daily not subsets or routine. Frac pilots deserve to be highly compensated because they earn it!

I have done both, and I highly disagree. Fltplan.com takes 5 mins. As far as the challenges, its no different. Passing out a coca cola, and loading and unloading golf clubs with a big smile and being polite is not challenging, neither is the flying, if anything I thought the fractional flying was easier.

I have done both, and I highly disagree. Fltplan.com takes 5 mins. As far as the challenges, its no different. Passing out a coca cola, and loading and unloading golf clubs with a big smile and being polite is not challenging, neither is the flying, if anything I thought the fractional flying was easier.

I've done both as well and I disagree with your disagreement.

I think fractional flying has been the most dynamic and challenging type of flying in my career.

Latest resources

Back